Chapter 9

-Louis-

Liam and Danielle stepped out of the limo first, followed by me. I held my hand out to help Claire out of the limo.

"Thank you Louis." She smiled at me while we waited for Zayn and Perrie to get out so we could get to the restaurant. Liam, Zayn, and I all chose the Rooftop Gardens as our date place. We thought the botanical gardens above the Dallas nighttime would be romantic. Along with that was the restaurant on the floor below with floor-to-ceiling windows. We all got in the lift and rode up to the top floor.

"Ladies first." Liam said as he let all three girls out. My thoughts wandered to what Harry and Niall were doing, seeing as they don't have girlfriends or a date.

"Oh my gosh, look at this. It's absolutely gorgeous." Claire said as she leaned on the railing of the roof.

"Not as gorgeous as you." I said. She turned to me with a smirk on her face, causing a blush to creep up on my cheeks.

"I just said that, didn't I?" I mumbled as she giggled at me.

"Yeah, but it's okay. You look cute when you blush." She giggled again and I thought of how she has a perfect laugh.

"Shouldn't I be the one saying that?" I said as her cheeks became a pink shade now. "It's okay, love. You always look adorable."

"No. Stop. Too adorable. Please, Lou."

"Well, how about we follow the rest of the group and go eat some dinner." I told her.

"That might be a good idea." She said as she started to walked towards the lift. "Are you coming?" She laughed as she waited for the lift to arrive.

I shook my head and ran over to her so she would have to wait for me when the lift came. It arrived and we stepped in to go down a few floors to get to the restaurant. We walked over to see the host and she smiled at me, probably recognizing the two of us. I could tell she was trying to flirt with me because she just rolled her eyes every time Claire tried to ask her if she could take us to our table. I decided it was time for me to get us to our table.

"I'm sorry, but I'm here with my date. Could you please take us to our table? We have a reservation for Payne for six."

"Are you sure you want to go out with this whore?"

"Excuse me? But Claire is not a whore. I'll have you know that Claire is the sweetest girl I've ever met. Now could you please take us to our table?" Someone walked over to us at that moment. I looked at the man's name tag and it said 'Manager' on it.

"Is there a problem here, sir?" The man asked and I looked to Claire for confirmation before answering him.

"Yes, actually there is. Your host, Hannah, here, has been very inconsiderate and said some very rude things to my date, whom she at first thought was nonexistent. She spoke very badly about her."

"May I take names for the complaints?"

"Of course, Claire Meyers and Louis Tomlinson." Claire told him and I could tell Hannah's eyes bulged out if her head.

"Oh my gosh, I didn't realize who you were. I'm so sorry, I'm such a big fan." Hannah 'confessed.' I knew it was fake and by the look on Claire's face, I knew she knew it was fake.

"Likely story. I'm pretty sure if you we're a 'fan' you wouldn't be calling me names and try to flirt with my date right in front of my eyes, which wasn't working well in your case." Claire told the girl with a cold look on her face. Hannah looked about ready to cry, but I knew it was just so her boss would pity her.