Prologue

It was a busy night in manhatten in New York. The traffic was outrageous and Sarah had spent just spent the last hour trying to get home from a five hour surgery she did. Not to mention to make her night worse Sarah had gotten a call from from her old mentor Richard Webber in the hopes she'd accept his offer as new head of cardio at Seattle Grace.

Arriving home she realised her husband who told her he'd be home was nowhere to be seen.
"Hey Mark I'm just calling to see where you are maybe you just got caught up at the practice or i heard you wrong, anyways just letting you know I'm home. OK love you bye.

A half an hour had passed when Sarah heard a knock at the door.
"Mark don't tell you forgot your keys yet again" she says just as she's opening the door.
"Whoa Derek your soaked wha what are you doing here w.. w..why do you look like you've been crying. Whats wrong."
"Sarah maybe you should sit down before I tell you"
"Just tell me for godsake Derek then I'll decide if I should be sitting or not."
"Okay okay I caught Mark and Addison in bed together"

Sarah starts to tear up instantly knowing her marriage is over.
"N.. no Derek that can't be true h..he wouldn't do that. Not to me"
"Sarah I'm sorry he did"
Sarah just collapses into tears in Dereks shoulders.

An hour passed Derek had left after telling her that he was gonna take the job as head of neuro in Seattle. Sarah also telling him about her offer, She was more than convinced now that she would take up her offer too.

With that she packed up all her things, booked her ticket, set up pickup for the rest of her stuff. Just as she was walking out of the kitchen whe took her rings off and left them on the counter for the cheater.

Picking up her phone on the drive to the airport she calls richard.
"Hey Richard it's me Sarah just calling to let you know I'll take you up on the offer, I'm on my way. Bye."

Authors note:
First chapter out I hope you enjoy it
I think Burke will be in the book just as a side character so I can keep the cristina wedding in it Though Sarah eill still be head of cardiology