Chapter 15

MILD SWEARING YO. 

Kaneki entered the room, silently, but noticeably. You watched as he bent down to pick up one of the broken, scattered chalks and write Yamori's name next to the failed one. He stood back up after he had finished. 

"I-is this Y-Yamori??" Naki queried.

"Yeah." Kaneki replied, his eyes softening at his desperateness. 

Naki's tears immediately began to fall, smudging Yamori's name against the dusty ground. Faint memories of Rize tore through your thoughts. This was similar to how you reacted towards Rize's death, wasn't it...? You felt genuine pity for the crying young man before you in an instant. Kaneki observed you from the corner of his eye, as you unknowingly began to bite down on your lip in distress. 

You spun around on your heels and walked off. 

You stood outside the Aogiri hideout and stared down at the city of modern Tokyo. The sky had darkened significantly, despite the fact that you had set out at such an early time in the morning. A cool breeze let you drift away back into your past memories spent with Rize. You remember Rize standing up for you when you were pushed around by older ghouls. They ended up with bruises the size of baseballs later on. She sure was a great friend. 

"Isn't it cold?" 

Kaneki's soft voice took you back into reality. You had soon realised how tense your shoulders were and your cold hands at your sides. Before you had known it, you had spaced out once again. What was wrong with you nowadays? Why do you cry so much? Why are you so damn emotional? Why? Why? Why?

You were far away from being comforted, maybe even beyond the point of staying sane. The mental torture obviously had its mentally painful effect on you, adding to the fact that your life-long best friend had been killed. 

As you were about to go back inside, regardless of your current state, you were stopped by Kaneki. His Kakugan was activated (a kakugan will only activate when strong emotions are felt or when needed) and a look of worry was spread across his face. 

"(Y/N), I won't ever let you suffer alone. Stay with me." 

wait what. what. what? Your heart skipped a beat. You were at a complete loss for words and it had been so long since the last time you'd felt like this. You then proceeded to say the first words that had come to mind.

"I will." 

His arms wrapped around your waist affectionately, before pressing you close against his chest. This felt like a dream. It couldn't be real. It was just too good to be true. Did he love you back? Your heart pounded faster the more he held you tight. 

*sound of door getting opened lol*

"(Y/N), you're going to be assigned to a mission with Eto and Tata- What the fuck?"

shit. 

Ayato had returned from his mission quicker than usual. 

And he wasn't exactly happy with what he saw.