Chap.4 - the start of the disaster

A/N - THANK YOU ALL FOR READING THIS! This was originally for my friends and I but I'm so glad that you like this story. I'm surprised at how fast it has been growing snd it has only been 1 day! Anyways, I'm glad you're enjoying this story! I'll try to upload at least one chapter a day. Thank you for being patient with me, I love you all<333
——————————

The party was still going. Cheering, laughing, smiling, everyone was happy. Except for one person. Mirabel. You had no idea where she went, you couldn't catch up to her. So here you are, trying to look happy in front of Camilo who couldn't contain his joy, dancing around transforming every so often. He even shape-shifted to you.

"Come on bonito, dance with me! Let's celebrate." Camilo said, his expression filled with happiness and excitement.
"Camilo, please transform back to yourself, I do not want to hear myself can me bonito."
He chuckles, "Ok ok! Just because you said so hermoso." He winks before transforming back. You laugh at how silly he is. Suddenly, Camilo grabs your hands, spinning you around until he holds you, just like he did when you both first met. "Care to be my dancing partner? Y/N?"
You blushed. He was quite close to you. You didn't know what to say. "Ye-"

"THE HOUSE IS IN DANGER!" The whole room goes silent. All eyes were on Mirabel. Abuela's eyes seem to go wide. You all follow Mirabel down to the foyer. Where she presumably saw cracks in the house and a broken tile. No one seemed to believe her, even Camilo doubted her. "Maybe the drinks got into her head haha!" Abuela said, "Come! The celebration cant wait!" And everyone headed back inside.

"I'll see you inside Camilo." You say, running down to Mirabel. Camilo gives you a confused look but returns back inside Antonio's new room. "Mirabel, I believe you." Holding her hands in yours, but she winced her left hand away. Concerned, you wanted to see what happened to her hand, only to find a cut.
"Mirabel, let's find your mama Julieta." She nods and you both walk to the kitchen.

Julieta starts making her famous wound healing food for Mirabel, listening to what she has to say.
"I would never ruin Antonio's night! Is that really what you think?"
"Well I think, that today was very hard on you." Julieta comes towards both you and Mirabel. Mirabel grunts. " I was looking out for the family. I might not be super strong like Luisa, or effortlessly perfect like señorita perfecta Isabela who's never had a bad hair day but..." She sighs. "Whatever." You look at Mirabel with a sad expression. All she wants is to help out, why does everyone doubt her so much?

Julieta sits next to her youngest daughter, while Casita moves the food along beside her.
"I wish you could see yourself the way I do. You are perfect, just like this." Julieta caresses Mirabel's hair. Now this, is a very cute scene in front of you. But you kinda feel out of place, like you're third wheeling a mother and daughter with their special time alone together. "You're just as special as anyone else in this family." As Mirabel eats, her hand heals up.
"Mhm, you just healed my hand with an arepas con queso." Mirabel looks at her mother, while Julieta replies, " I healed your hand with my love for my daughter!" She holds Mirabel's healed up hand between hers, exaggerating her words. "With her wonderful brain, big heart,"
"Stop."
"Cool glasses" Mirabel looks embarrassed, averting her eyes away from her mama, only to see you chuckle.
"Mama!"
"Te amo cosa linda!" Julieta kisses her daughter, only for Mirabel to gently push her away.
"I know what I saw." Mirabel says, crossing her arms and moving away from her mama. Silence is seen in the room, with an awkward atmosphere.

"Well, Y/N it's getting late. Your familia must be worried." Julieta started.
"Oh yeah.." you completely forgot they were there with you too. "I, should be going now." You said, slowly moving towards the door. You were about to grab the door handle when the door slams open, hitting you in the face.
"Y/N! Your familia needs you to go home no- oh my." Camilo exclaimed, finally noticing you with a bleeding nose.

"OH MI BONITO Y/N IM SO SO SO SORRY!"
"You better be or I'm slamming this door into your face." You say, glaring at the boy. Julieta sighs,
"Let me make another arepas con queso."