1.3 | Awkward Encounter

· · ─────── ·✿· ─────── · ·

"So basically, some girls crashed into your car and now you are dragging me with you to go pick it up and take it elsewhere because your childhood nemesis owns the dealership it was towed to... And instead of getting over the past, you want to hold onto it and give our limited money elsewhere... Am I right?" Kalon questioned her father as they walked towards LaRusso's car dealership. Johnny gave his daughter a blank look before turning around and continuing on his way making her sigh in defeat.

"I could've been hanging out with Miguel instead of dealing with this, you know? We go back to school tomorrow and I need to prepare him," Kalon rambled but stopped when her father grunted in annoyance before walking inside the dealership. Kalon knew Daniel LaRusso thanks to her friendship with Sam, but she also knew her father's past after he drunkenly rambled on about when he was younger and how he lost in the All Valley tournament in 1984.

Kalon promised that she would keep the information to herself and due to that, Sam knew nothing about Kalon's father and Mr LaRusso was about to learn the truth. Kalon followed after her father and watched as he approached the receptionist who smiled kindly at him. "Hi, welcome to LaRusso. How can I help you?" The receptionist asked kindly. "Hi, I just need to pick up my car. I'm in a bit of a hurry," Johnny tells her while looking around cautiously.

Kalon shook her head at his actions, she couldn't understand how someone could hold a grudge for so long. A few weeks or months, maybe two years tops. But over ten years later, that she couldn't understand. "Oh, this came in last night? It's gonna be at least a couple of weeks, but we'll call you with an estimate," She explained after looking at the paper Johnny handed her. "No, no, no, my car was not supposed to come here. Okay? I want it towed to a different body shop," Johnny rushes out.

The receptionist looked from Johnny to Kalon who smiled and shrugged, "Why?" Kalon snorted but played it off as a cough when her father glared at her. "We have the number one service team in the Valley. We beat all prices. We kick the competition," The receptionist continued with an enthusiastic smile that Kalon found beautiful. "It's a really good ad, a bit of a gimmick in a sense but a good ad," Kalon compliments which makes the receptionist beam at her.

Johnny sighed in annoyance and began to regret bringing his kind-hearted daughter with him, but he needed to as her presence kept him calm, much like his mother did. "Yeah, yeah, I've heard it a million times. I just prefer to do my business elsewhere," Johnny explained to the women brushing past what his daughter had said. The woman nodded and turned to her computer to prepare the transfer when Johnny noticed Daniel LaRusso a few feet away.

Kalon held in her laughter that was bubbling in her throat as she stood beside her father just out of Daniel's view. "Can you hurry it up? I got to go," Johnny began to push. "Hold on," The woman responded in a kind tone despite his pushy nature. "Um, it says your car is in one of our intake lots. I'll just figure out which one," She explained causing him to sigh. "You know what? I'll come back tomorrow," Johnny tells her before grabbing his daughter's shoulder and pulling her along.