Sunshine

Hoseok, 27 and living alone in a small but big enough apartment with everything he'll ever need, woke up in his bed around 7 am. His work started at 8 am, but it was a 5 minute walk so he could wake up at 7:30 am and still be fine. His bed was positioned just so perfectly so that when the sun rose and set it would shine onto his bedroom through the wall length window with a view of the city. Whenever he had a bad day he would lay down, put his headphones on, and look out the window for hours on end till he fell asleep. It was also a great place for people watching because it wasn't too high up. Seattle was his home, after he moved there with his family from South Korea 20 years ago. He couldn't tell you any memories from his childhood in Korea, he doesn't remember anything. He dragged himself out of bed and went to take a shower. He shuffled songs on his playlist till a song by his all time favorite music artist, Agust D, also known as Min Yoongi, came on. He'd been listening to him for years and had all his CDs, and endless merch. The shower was a quick one, so he could make himself breakfast for once before rushing out of the house. Today's outfit was a simple plain brown colored long sleeved sweater, and jeans, the rainy and cold winters where he lived made it hard to wear anything else. His apron would cover most of his outfit anyways. He popped some toast in the toaster and got out the jam. While he waited for his toast to be done he rested his elbow on the counter and scrolled through social media, smiling when pictures of Yoongi showed up. Shortly after his toast popped out of the toaster and he was able to finish his breakfast. 7:45, the clock said. Perfect amount of time to grab his coat and anything else he needed and make it to work just before 8, and just like that he was out of his house walking to his work. It was a small cafe, but also happened to be the most popular due to a mall being on the same street. Everyday was tiring because of the morning rush, but not so tiring he dreads his work. He loved working there because of how cozy it was. The same people also tend to come in every morning and he liked to ask them how'd they been, and had their orders memorized. Then before he knew it he opened the door and heard the wreath on the door ring as he closed it.

" Fuck you to, and goodbye. "
Yoongi slammed the door to his work and instantly began the walk to the bus stop. His work wasn't the best. Constant mistreatment of him and the other Idols that worked there and today was the worst fight he's had with his boss in a long time. They wouldn't let him take a holiday vacation to go see his family that he hadn't seen in years, because it was unprofessional and the company would lose money as if they weren't already the richest in Seoul. He muttered the words spoiled assholes under his breath and got on the bus. It was 1 am, a normal time for him to be heading home. Most nights were late nights at his work, wheee he'd get home and settle, be ready to sleep, etc at 2 am and be up at 10 the next morning, or technically later that morning. But tomorrow he wouldn't be going to work, because it was the holidays he deserved a break. While on the bus he got a text from his boyfriend, Namjoon, saying
" Can we talk later? "
That line always scared him, making his short bus ride home filled with anxiety. When he walked into his house he was greeted with his cat, Princess, nudging her head against his leg. That was always her sign that she's hungry, but she was fed that morning. He has to tell all his guests that she's not hungry, she's a liar. He even has a sign saying, " The cat has been fed, don't believe her lies. " It was 1:15 am now so he got out his pajamas, washed his face, had a snack, plugged his phone in and laid in bed. It was time to call Namjoon, due to his worry-inducing message. He took a deep breath and pressed the dreaded green button.
" Hey what's up? " He heard Namjoon say from the phone.
" You said you wanted to talk earlier. "
" Oh yeah! I'll make it quick. I think we should break up. "
Yoongi didn't cry, he saw it coming. Hell the two hadn't had a full conversation in almost 2 months, this was the first one.
" Oh yeah, no worries. I think we'd be better off." Yoongi said, not an ounce of sadness in his voice.
" Yeah, Would you still want to be friends? I get it if not. "
" Of course, I've known you forever. It would be weird to quit contact with you. "
" Well I'm glad we're on the same page. I think I'm gonna go now, I need to be up tomorrow. Are you sure you're okay? "
" I am, I promise. You're my best friends and I would tell you if I was hurting. "
" Okay, you're right. Well, talk to you later! " Then before he knew it the call ended. Yoongi felt warm tears stream down his face. He didn't know why he was sad, he had lost feelings for him months ago but was too scared to bring it up. He was happy they finally broke up. This wasn't his first break up either, this was a routine. He meets someone he loves and wants to be with, they date, then they break up. To get his mind off things he wiped his tears and took a selfie to upload somewhere. Probably Twitter, that's where most of his fans were active. He made sure his eyes weren't tear stained and uploaded it, no caption today, he didn't feel like it. The comments and likes instantly flooded in with comments of love, wanting people to marry him, etc. He chose a few to reply to and put his phone down. He pulled his laptop out of his nearby bag and started typing on flights to Seattle. Seattle was his go to vacation place because of the family who lived there, and he grew up there. He found one for the afternoon later that day, and went to bed.