⇢ 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘧...𝘏𝘠𝘋𝘙𝘈 𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘠/𝘕?

Start from the beginning

From where he was, Y/N could hear another succession of gunshots, likely from Sirhan inside. At that moment, he knew the deed was done.

"Target is down." Y/N said.

His handler reported back. "Our mole inside confirms the hit. Sirhan is being apprehended. They suspect it was all him."

"Poor guy." He replied sarcastically. "He'd do anything in the name of HYDRA even if it means taking all the flak."

"Excellent work, Taskmaster. Report back to the rendezvous point and wait until the heat dies down. Hail Hydra."

"Hail Hydra."

Y/N hung up the call and put the device away. He took apart his rifle and placed it back inside his bag. He gave one last look across the street, seeing the crush of people clamoring at the sound of gunfire and wondering what had happened within the Ambassador Hotel. He walked away and began to leave the rooftop.

Outside the hotel, a man came out and was in a frantic state of mind. A colleague of his went up to him, questioning what had happened. They were waiting to greet the presidential candidate.

"Senator Kennedy has been shot! My God...they shot him!"

• • •

Y/N Carter was always destined to be someone special. Born from Captain Steven Rogers and Agent Margaret Carter, he inherited not only the effects of his father's super-soldier serum but the ability to imitate the reflexes of whoever he chooses.

Armin Zola saw potential in the infant. He waited for the right time to act, and when it came, recruited two HYDRA loyalists to abduct the toddler from Peggy Carter.

In your universe, those HYDRA loyalists defected. They changed their names, relocated, and raised the child as their own. Y/N L/N grew up and served in the Vietnam War, but after an encounter with the Winter Soldier, was recaptured by HYDRA and put in stasis.

Nothing came of it though, as Y/N was found decades later by Nick Fury and brought into S.H.I.E.L.D where he became a renowned agent named Freedom Fighter. He later became an Avenger, reunited with his father, fell in love with Natasha Romanoff, went through several accounts of loss and gain, and ultimately took up the mantle of Captain America. It was the best thing to have happened to him.

But in this world, those HYDRA loyalists never defected. They went through with their mission and handed the toddler over to their superiors. They raised him under the values of HYDRA, implemented Zola's protocol into his head, and trained him to be one of the organization's greatest assets to go along with the Winter Soldier.

At age twenty, they began to cryogenically freeze him until he was needed. After the successful assassination of Robert F. Kennedy, he was put in stasis again. It wasn't until two decades later that he was purchased by General Dreykov, where he'd use him for tasks of his as well as to assist in training his Widows in the Red Room.

He had helped train Madame B and Melina Vostokoff, among others, and would be in and out of cryostasis through the years. He was brought back almost a decade later to help train another group of Widows...a group that included one young lady that Dreykov found immense potential in...Natalia Romanoff.