Birthday [Clover x Licorice Comfort]

Sorry I'm not getting to the two requests, I'm busy cuz we are moving houses. But I just had a lot of motivation to do this one story😭

Clover unlocked the door to his house, turning the knob and pushing the door open. He was immediately hit with the smell of baked goods.

Licorice was so busy cooking and cleaning simultaneously, that he didn't even notice his boyfriend's arrival. Clover cookie cleared his throat loudly, "Awe... is this for me?"

Licorice Cookie turned bright red, as he was quite startled, "Well— Yeah... uhmm... I really wanted to make you happy today-!"

Clover cookie gave his signature weak chuckle, "I'm happy enough just seeing you. I can tell you've been working your butt off huh?" He raised a brow. Licorice nodded, "Its nothing compared to what you do for me..." He turned his gaze away.

"I just wanted to accomplish something small for you, considering it's your birthday. You deserve the whole earthbread, but sadly I cannot give that to you."

Clover cookie shook his head, "You're my whole world. I need nothing more." His sweet words brought a smile upon Licorice's face. Clover made his way over to the kitchen and sat at the counter, "So, whats cooking, good looking?" (Baha HC that clover uses cheesy pick up lines to flirt)

Licorice got a little embarrassed, "J-Jelly casserole," he stammered. Clover smiled brightly, "Ah, my favourite. You know me too well, babe." Licorice rubbed the back of his need nervously before turning back to the food.

He checked the clock and cursed, "Fuck!" Licorice swiftly opened the oven and grabbed a mitt before pulling out a pan. It had 2 pieces of GIANT bread on it, but he seemed frantic about the state of it.

"No... I burned the edges-!" Licorice got way more upset than he needed over the bread. Clover cocked his head. He understood what this could mean to his boyfriend, as he was a perfectionist and overworked himself to make sure every detail was perfect. That aspect of Lico worried Clover half to death.

He tried to calm Licorice down, "Hey, it's no biggie. Bread is good when it's crispy anyway." Licorice put down the pan and stared at it in disbelief... "It's burnt. You don't like anything burned!"

Clover but his lip, "I promise it's okay. You don't have to get worked up over this. Everything else is perfect babe." Licorice started getting frantic when he thought about everything else. He checked the oven again to make sure the casserole wasn't too crispy yet and also checked to see if he had everything set where it needed to.

Clover sighed, "Babe. We really need to get that worked out. You always overwork yourself and get worried over the small things... I'm concerned." Licorice slowly nodded, "I don't mean to get so upset, I just feel very bad when I screw up."

Clover got up from his seat and walked over to his boyfriend, embracing him in a tight hug. "Everything you do is perfect enough. You don't have to force yourself to make everything 'better.' Just do what you can and don't push it."

Licorice smiled a bit, but did not reply. A small ding from a kitchen timer went off, "Oh, casseroles done." Clover kissed Licorice before pulling away from him.

"Let's eat!"