4. So Completely Perfect

Christmas Eve is probably my favorite thing now

Christmas Eve is probably my favorite thing now. It's kind of funny actually. How something that used to mean nothing can suddenly mean so much with just the addition of a couple amazing people in your life and a very festive Santa hat.

"You have to admit," I tell Amber, my voice going up a little to make sure my brother-in-law hears me nice and clear, "I make a pretty good Santa. Probably the best one in this house right now."

When I hear Austin grumble from across the room, an unamused expression sitting underneath a very stylish Santa hat of his own, I shoot him a grimy smirk before bringing my attention back to Amber. I'm just in time to catch an eyeroll from her but it's followed quickly by a beaming smile, brighter than the Christmas lights hanging on the tree, her caramel eyes sparkling.

"The best ever," she says, reaching up to adjust the hat on my head. The white puff at the end twirls in her fingers and as she comes up on her tiptoes and brings her lips to mine, the sweetness of sugar cookies touches my tongue. She always tastes like dessert.

My hands reach for her waist, pulling her closer and letting my fingers slide under her shirt so I can feel her skin. As much as I love all the pre-Christmas preparations on our list, I officially wish we were done so I could take her to bed. Or at the very least, steal her away to eat cookies and make out in the kitchen. But we've got company.

On second thought...

Glancing over at Sadie and Austin by the tree, I see they're immersed in their own routine as they finish up organizing the gifts they shipped from home and they're being downright cute about it. If Sadie's missing New York at Christmas, it's not showing a bit now as she puts the finishing touches on her wrapped up masterpieces with a huge smile on her face. Austin sits behind her, passing her pieces of Scotch tape and dropping a kiss on her cheek every time she takes one and fixes it to the wrapping paper with a soft giggle.

It's the cutest gag-worthy scene I've ever witnessed and, in the spirit of giving them their moment and using it as an excuse to have my own, I whisk Amber off to the kitchen.

"What are we doing in here?" she asks playfully, squealing when I lift her up onto the counter. "Oh, I see," she laughs as she wraps her legs around me. "Making all my Christmas dreams come true."

"I hope so." I slide my hands up her thighs, feeling the softness of her plush pajama pants under my fingers, and continuing around until I have a handful of her perfect ass. Capturing her lips with mine is next on my list and the way she hums against my mouth about drives me insane.

Her kisses will never get old. It doesn't seem to matter how many we've shared, each time inspires the same electric feeling as that first one we had on the bridge, that swirling feeling in my gut reminding me of how fucking lucky I am to call her mine.

My tongue slides against her lips, seeking entrance, and they part for me like the Red Sea. That sugary sweetness and the delicious, distinct taste of her has me groaning and I smile into our kiss.