An Arcane Varlet (Chapter 29) (AKA, it has been a fricKing long time.)

Начните с самого начала

"I... uh, I dunno. We could just keep the daggers with us until Loki wakes up, and fix it up with a cleaning spell?" Samantha suggested as she shifted her position on one of the shreds of the mattress she was sitting on.

"No. If you think no we should keep Loki's daggers, then you have a death sentence." Reggie mumbled.

"Speaking of Loki's stuff, what are we going to do with Loki the person?" Cassidy asked, pulling a hand up from her long-sit position (I genuinely just googled that since I didn't know what it was called, and that was the first search result XD) and pointing vaguely in the direction of the unconscious body on the floor.

"I'm honestly surprised it knocked him out that quickly," Samantha murmured. Cassidy sighed.

"The black powder stuff worked, but I said to not give him a dosage higher than a pinch." Samantha shrugged.

"Your version of 'a pinch' is different than mine."

"More like a handful if I'm being honest," Reggie added. Samantha gave him a rather withering glare. Reggie ignored her with remarkable ease and stood up.

"He seems otherwise healthy, just sleeping," Reggie muttered after a moment of observation as he turned to the duo.

"Well then, all that's left is the room," Samantha said, looking around, before turning to Cassidy.

"Magic?" She asked. Cassidy sighed.

"Magic." She repeated.

In a flash of light, the room returned to normal. The furniture was back in place, the walls not fissured, the bed not in shambles, and the knives placed in a neat pile in the middle of the room.

And not a second too late.

The door was wide open in a second, Thor being the first one into the room, followed by the rest of the Avengers. Yelena was the last one to enter, staying beside Natasha as they both took in the scene.

The room was... clean. Cleaner than before, to be exact.

"What did you do, sci-fi kids?" Tony asked as he looked around the room, searching for anything out of place.

"Where is Loki?" Thor asked, completely missing him in his visual scan of the room.

"There," Cassidy mumbled while pointing unclearly in the direction of the middle of the room.

Thor frowned and strolled over to the bed. When he pulled back the now-intact covers, Loki was sound asleep.

"Is he senseless?" He asked as he tucked the covers back on his brother.

"If you mean asleep, then yes," Cassidy replied.

"Good," Thor started.

"I would not want for him to be roused for this." He turned to Cassidy, who was still sitting on the floor.

"Why did you leave him." Cassidy sighed.

"Thor, I already told you." Cassidy sighed.

"No, you did not. You simply left that day, and have never returned since. Until this day specifically. On this specific day, I and my allies unite against Loki. On the same day, you decide to appear. Please, enlighten me on why you left." Thor's words were polite, but his tone was oddly harsh. Natasha was the one who stepped forward.

"Thor, I think you should probably-" Thor cut her off.

"Silence, lady Natasha. You know not what has transpired between miss. Bell, I and my brother. I simply wish to seek information that was hidden from me. This will don't come to blows, I swear this by the kings of Asgard it shall not. Even if I did attempt such, my brother would throttle me if I did so, and more so, Miss. Bell would obliterate me in battle."