Day One (II), Eve of (Grail) War

Gryphon slowly pushed himself up in his bed, eyes slightly stinging as he woke from his sleep. His body buzzed with a slight pain from using his abilities so frequently the night before. His mind replayed the moments of last night and his thoughts drifted to Boudica. His cheeks took a red hue as he remembered her face. He quickly shook his mind clear and got out of bed. He opens his door to be met with the pleasant smell of food.

Gryphon: She's cooking?

He walks out into his living room and sees Boudica in the kitchen making breakfast. Only caveat to this pleasant surprise was...

 Only caveat to this pleasant surprise was

She was dressed in a strange black bikini. (Similar to her Rider class.) Gryphon blushed and looked away, clearing his throat to get her attention. She looked over her shoulder and smiled at him.

Boudica: Please, take a seat. I'll be done in just a minute.

Gryphon did as she asked, taking a seat in the living room and turns the TV on for background noise while he thought to himself.

She's so kind, yet her armor...there were heads impaled on the shoulders. She's supposed to be Boudica, Queen of Britannia, but something about her feels restrained. Considering how she acted the night before...

———————/————-\——————
[Flashback]

Boudica walked defensively ahead Gryphon as they exited the school, meticulously observing their surroundings with her sinister looking blade poised to strike.

Gryphon examined the marking on his hand in amazement and curiosity while he talks to Boudica, who remains focused.

Gryphon: That Lancer...he called me "Seventh Master", what does that mean, Avenger?

Boudica: To put it simply, a Master is a mage that has summoned a Servant to participate in the Grail War. Thought, you posses the ability to summon without a catalyst it seems. The magic flowing through your body is exponential, you used that magic to defend your arms when Lancer's strike landed.

Gryphon: Magic...I'm capable of Magic...

Boudica: Not only that, but-! An enemy!

The Avenger took off around a corner, leaving Gryphon stunned for a moment before running after her. He rounded the corner to find her with a Halberd as she landed a clean strike on the red Archer from earlier.