Chapter 47

A/N: Sorry I haven't been writing I had Covid and now I am back at work so I will be posting on either be writing on Wednesday then putting it up on the weekend hope that's okay. Love from Lily

Dawson was putting away laundry in Jake's room when she opened up his draw and found a bottle of pills. She frowned, putting the basket down and picking up the bottle. She became increasingly worried when she realized that the pills were amphetamines.

The triplets were due home from a SAT study group any minute but Casey was out with some of the guys to watch the game that night. She debated whether or not to call him or talk to Jake herself first. When she heard them come through the door she quickly grabbed the bottle and left his room. She continued putting the laundry away and waited until he was in his room.

"Do you have a minute?" She asked, standing in the doorway.

Jake looked up from his computer at his desk.
"Yeah, what's up?"

Dawson closed the door and put the bottle down on the desk. "I found these in your dresser."

"You were going through my things?" Jake said.

"Your privacy comes secondary to this conversation," She said sternly. "I was putting away your laundry and I saw the bottle. What are you doing with them?"

Jake sighed. "They were given to everyone on the team. I haven't taken any. You can test me if you want."

"Jake, these are amphetamines. You saw what they did to Tyler." She said. "I really hope you're telling me the truth because colleges test for this stuff, you know."

"Yeah, I know." He said. "Which is exactly why I didn't take any."

"Okay, I believe you." She nodded and opened the door. "But I'm going to keep these."

"Fine," He shrugged. "You're not going to tell Matt, are you?"

Dawson turned around in the doorway. "I don't know yet."

Jake watched her walk out and waited a few minutes before getting up. He walked into Grace's room where his two sisters were sitting, shutting the door behind him as Grace frowned at him from her bed whilst Ellie carried in looking at her phone.
"What?"

"Gabby just found your pills in my room." He whispered quietly.

Ellie looked up shocked hearing the words out her brothers mount. Grace's eyes widened and she jumped off her bed. "What did she say?"

"Nothing, because I covered for you." He said. "She took them and she might tell Matt."

"Oh my god," Grace said, running her hand over her face and through her hair. "He'll kill me if he finds out."

"Well yeah, considering I still want to kill you for it." He snapped.

"I know, I know." She said. "What are we going to do?"

"Well, I doubt Matt is going to buy the story I just fed Gabby." He sighed. "I should have gotten rid of them before the study group."

"If she tells him, I'll tell them what's going on, okay?" She said. "I promise."

"You've got so much trouble coming for you even Jake for not telling."

OOOOO

Grace knew she wasn't ready to be around him. She wasn't over him, she didn't know if she'd ever get over him completely. There was just something about that first love that people hang onto. He had a part of her, a part of her heart that would always turn her back to him. Their relationship didn't end on good terms, there was no closure, and that made it so much harder to let go of.