2| Rest in peace

⊱ ────── ⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹ ────── ⊰

A slim, pale boy that stood at average height. Emotionlessly gazed infront of him. The cool breeze picking up his long, black hair that was styled in a high ponytail. His bangs that framed his emotionless expression fluttered with the wind.

The boy wore a kimono that sized below his knees, revealing his slender yet muscular legs. The kimono was black with many white anchor shaped patterns on it. A fundoshi that was tied around his waist and a special katana gifted from his adopted father, equipped comfortably against his hip.

He was seen standing still as his dull eyes stared at something in the river. Unmoving and unfazed as he waited and watched. Although it looked like a normal river, Hyakkimaru was trained to sense demons.

His skin tingled as he watched the demon in the water getting closer and closer with every second passing.

Hyakkimaru waited until the demon emerged from the waters, to effortlessly unsheath his katana and dash towards the demon before it could react.

"GUH!" the demon yelped in shock, before thrusting its sharp claws towards Hyakkimarus exposed chest.

With a swift reposition on his katana, Hyakkimaru was able to cut off the demons arm in one quick motion before it collided with his chest.

"AHH" the demon shrieked in pain. It groaned as it held its arm tightly while shooting a furious glare towards Hyakkimaru.

Hyakkimaru ignored the demons glare and kicked it. Sending the demon to fall on the ground harshly. The demon hissed as it got up and regenerated its arm.

Hyakkimaru quickly shifted into a fighting stance, with both hands on his katana. Inhaling and exhaling softly, Hyakkimaru closed his eyes before muttering.

"Shadow breathing|first form: dark abyss"

The area grew dark and cold, as the demon halted his attack.

"WHERE ARE YOU?!" The demon screamed. Panic started to consume the demon as it searched desperately for Hyakkimaru. The demon stared towards the dark abyss, his body in a flight or fight mode. Unaware that the darkness was staring back at him.

"AHHHH" the demon yelled. The bottom half of his body already detached, with his blood pooling around him.

Leaving no time for the demon to regenerate and recover, Hyakkimaru repetitively striked down and sliced the demon into tiny pieces.

The demon shrieked in pain as he slowly disintegrated into a pit of ash.

"DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU!" The demon called out before his ash's were carried by the wind.

Hyakkimaru watched the blood on his katana slowly burn away. Once all gone, Hyakkimaru rubbed the hilt of his katana.

"Thank you" he said

Carefully placing his katana back into the sheath that rested against his hip, Hyakkimaru knelt down while rising his hands together.

"Rest in peace."

⊱ ────── ⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹ ────── ⊰

|End|

To be continued ➤