1| Hyakkimaru

~~~

~~~

"You wish to live. Don't you?"

Kei

⊱ ────── ⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹ ────── ⊰

Kei layed on the soft grass in exhaustion with his sword resting besides him after training.

He listened to how the water flowed and how the warm sunshine caressed his sweaty face. He peaked through his eyelids and stared in admiration when his eyes met with a clear blue sky, that stretched far and wide.

A wrinkly smile overtaking his features as laughter bubbled inside. He layed with a never fading smile as He took in the fresh cool air.

Sniff

Suddenly sensing a change in the air and a new presence enter,  Kei stood up and turned around, his Instincts kicking in, making him grab his sword ready to be unsheathed.

His eyes caught a basket carried carefully by the water, as if leading the basket towards him. With a confused expression, he eyed the basket with a raised eyebrow.

Curiosity took over all logical thinking as he shuffled to the basket cautiously. He watched the basket for any movement with Suspicion.

After a while, he lowered his sword to cradle the bundle inside carefully. He sat down and lightly placed the baby down in his lap. Slowly removing the cloth that hid the baby within, he gasped.

"You poor thing" he spoke with pity.

The baby squirmed and whimpered as it's cries started to grow louder and louder. It's mouth suddenly latching onto Keis finger, in desperate need for food.

"You wish to live. Don't you?" He spoke softly. Tears fulfilling his eyes as he quietly thanked God for this miracle.

⊱ ────── ⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹ ────── ⊰

| 6 Years later|

Ever since that encounter. Kei held himself responsible to love, care and raise the baby he found that faithfull day.

He gifted the baby a name that will hold honour, strength and pride where ever he goes.

Hyakkimaru

"A strong and fitting name" he spoke lovingly as he watched Hyakkimaru practice with a wooden sword and a smile on his face.

"25! 26! 27! 28!" Hyakkimaru shouted with every strike, just like he was told to. His balance was off poorly and his swings needed work, but the determination and will was there.

Kei watched Hyakkimaru with a warm smile. Thanking God once again for this miracle.

"35! FINISHED FATHER!" Hyakkimaru shouted. He collapsed as soon as those words left his mouth. Hyakkimaru layed on the dirt ground while panting heavily, ignoring the dirt that stained his clothes.

"He still got a long way to go, until he'll need to learn the breath of the shadows" kei said with a chuckle. He poured water into a cup and made his way to Hyakkimaru who was drowning in his sweat.

⊱ ────── ⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹ ────── ⊰

|End|

To be continued ➤