Chapter 57

Night didn't know how to react to this revealation. He was bitter towards Aira because he thought she was a witch. Heck, he's people hurt her because they too thought she's a witch, then all of a sudden she's not.

Parang piniga ang puso niya sa naisip. Just when he finally learned how to accept her for what she is, ngayon malalaman niyang iba pala talaga ang lahi ng mate niya.

It's not important anymore. Night thought.

Kahit ano pa ang lahi ng mate niya wala na siyang pakealam, hindi katulad ng dati. Ang importante sa kaniya ngayon an gang gumising na ito. He needed her to be safe. He needed her to be ok. He needed her.

"If she's not a witch, then what is she?" Daniel repeated Castro's question.

"She's a mage." Cassy answered matter of factly.

When he was a little boy, Night heard from his mother about what mages are. Mages are half witches and half other race that don't have the ability to create spells but are great at creating charms and potions. Sila ang bunga kapag nagkakaanak sa ibang lahi ang mga mangkukulam. Night should have known, Aira has a Fae blood.

"But weren't mages suppose to have silver hair? Puti ang buhok ni Aira." It was Castro who asked.

"It doesn't make any sense. If she's a mage, then why can she perform spells?" Daniel added.

They were all staring at Hawthorn, waiting for his answers.

"Aira is one of the gifted ten that's why her hair is white and not silver." Sagot ni Hawthorn kay Castro. Then he faced Daniel. "Mages can't perform magic because their souls do not have enough arkahs. They don't have enough magic in them. But since Aira is one of the gifted ten that means she have another being inside of her."

"Sinister." Daniel and Castro both utterd at the same time as though this should explained everything.

"There's another soul living in her. A spirit beast. A magical being." Howthorn explained to him ng hindi niya maintindihan ang sinasabi nito. "The legendary white wolf." Night whispered and Hawthorn nodded. "Although we call her Sinister."

Somehow, it made sense in Night's head. Aira was not a werewolf but she managed to transform into one because of the beast inside her.

"The beast have more than enough arkahs that Aira can tapped it and use it to create magic. But since it's not from her, it has limitations that's why she can only make basic spells."

"That explains why Aira has never been good at spells despite her studying it to no end." Daniel shook his head.

"This... Sinister." Night started as he held Aira's cold hand. "Do you know where it came from?"

Umiling si Hawthorn. "All we know is that Sinister is one of the ten beast that lives long before civilization. And every century, they would chose a body and live inside it. The only indication that they are inhabiting that body is that the child would have white hair."

Tumango si Night then he suddenly remembered what Elder Tetero said. It was the same one that Elder Sanliko said to him.

His woman bore the sign of the beast and it could kill her. He was too indenial to agree with them. He was indenial that his kind's lore would hurt his female but now that Aira was fading right before his eyes.

Because of his stupidity, his mate is suffering. He needed to let them know.

"Have you ever heard of our lore?" Lahat umiling but he continued.

"One of the very first wolf that the Goddess of Dark made was a white wolf and from that wolf, their kind were born." Night can see that no one knew why he was getting on with this but he continued nonetheless. Ngayon lang tumatak sa isipan niya na pwedeng may katotohanan ang sinabi ng mga Elders. When Hawthorn told them about the gifted ten, he can 't shake off this feeling that it sounded so similar to their own lore.