Chapter Twelve - Orion

A/N: Kian's face claim is Dylan O'Brien 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Orion and Lillian stuck to the back of the group. This allowed Orion to quietly think without the questioning glances of the others. Izzy hadn't even noticed Lillian falling behind with Orion. She was too wrapped up in going to a Downworlder party. Orion was excited as well, he was just better at downplaying it. He also knew that it wasn't necessary for all of them to have their complete focus on the mission so he figured he'd be able to let some tension go during the party.

"You okay?" Lillian asked, tilting her head in subtle curiosity. Orion stayed quiet, formulating a response.

"I don't know," Orion admitted, "But I will be. This might as well be a night off for me."

"Okay..." Lillian nodded, Orion continued to walk with her in relative silence.

"This is the right street!" Isabelle called out to the rest of the group. Lillian let out a sigh of relief, obviously wanting to get the whole mission over with quickly. Orion sent her a smirk, obviously enjoying the mission subject more than her.

"Finally," Lillian commented. Orion's eyes fell upon a group of Vampire motorcycles in front of Magnus's place.

"Think we're in the right place?" Alec asked, directing the question to Jace. Orion walked over to them, abandoning his post by Lillian. He inspected the motorcycles appreciatively.

"What's that?" Jace asked as he approached the motorcycles, "Oh, vampires."

"They look like motorcycles to me," Simon commented, having joined them with Izzy and Lillian.

"They are," Lillian snickered, "Just been modified to run on demon energies."

"Vampires use them—it lets them get around fast at night. It's not strictly Covenant, but ..." Izzy trailed off.

"I've heard some of the bikes can fly," said Alec eagerly. Orion smiled softly at Alec's excitement, staring at the Lightwood as if his entire world revolved around him, "Or go invisible at the flick of a switch. Or operate underwater."

"Victorious Night," Jace translated the words painted on the bike. Orion caught Lillian gazing at the bikes with slight interest, though not as interested as the boys.

"What are you doing?" Orion asked Jace, raising a brow at the blond. Jace finished up what he was doing before answering.

"Nothing," Jace slid his hand back into his jacket.

"Well, hurry up," said Isabelle. "I didn't get this dressed up to watch you mess around in the gutter with a bunch of motorcycles."

"It's starting to get cold," Lillian told her brother, agreeing with Izzy.

"You should have brought a coat, Lily. They are pretty to look at though," said Jace, hopping back up on the pavement. "You have to admit that."

"So are we," Izzy countered, "Now hurry up."

"This building, is this the one?" Jace pointed at the red-brick warehouse as he stared at Clary. Orion glanced at the building, taking in its appearance.

"I think so,"Clary exhaled with uncertainty. "They all look the same."

"One way to find out," Izzy walked up the steps with a determined stride. Everyone followed after, sticking close together in the entrance. There was a buzzer with the name "BANE" written over it that Izzy pressed. When she didn't get an answer she pressed it for a second time. She was about to press it for a third time before Alec caught her wrist.

"Don't be rude, Iz," Orion said softly as Izzy glared at Alec. She was about to say something when the door opened.

"Magnus? Magnus Bane?" Izzy asked, recovering herself the quickest. Orion flashed him a polite, if not slightly flirtatious, smile when Magnus's eyes landed on him.

"That would be me," Magnus answered Izzy. Orion gave him a quick glance over, taking in his appearance, "Children of Nephilim... Well, well. I don't recall inviting you."

"I have an invitation," Isabelle waved it in front of him before gesturing to the rest of the group, "These are my friends."

"I must have been drunk," Magnus commented as he plucked the invitation from Izzy's hands, "Come in and try not to kill any of my guests."

"Even if one of them spills a drink on my new shoes?" Jace quipped, getting an elbow to the ribs from Lillian. He glared at her quickly.

"Even then." Magnus's hand shot out, so fast it was barely a blur. He plucked the stele out of Jace's hand and held it up, "As for this... keep it in your pants, Shadowhunter."

"Serves you right, Jace," Lillian commented with a laugh, watching Magnus walk up the stairs.

"Come on, before anyone thinks it's my party," Magnus waved them in. Everyone pushed past a surprised Jace.

"Try not to piss him off, please," Izzy requested of Jace, "Then he won't help us."

"I know what I'm doing," Jace responded, looking bored.

"Sure you do," Orion pushed past him next, trailing after Alec. Lillian led the group, having been the first to go in. She followed after Magnus, walking into his loft. It took her a minute to gather her surroundings, but soon she was sucked in by the crowd. Orion stuck next to her for a bit, before Kian approached him.

"Well, well, shadowhunter," Kian approached him and leaned in his ear so he could hear him over the crowd, "Didn't think I'd see you here?"

"Couldn't resist the temptation of seeing you again," Orion flirted, turning to face Kian, "And the temptation of free drinks."

"Of course," Kian chuckled softly, "So, do you dance, Shadowhunter?"

"Why don't you find out?" Orion cocked a brow before allowing Kian to pull him into the fray of bodies that was the dance floor. They danced together for awhile, always staying in each other's spaces. The way Kian smirked was very tempting, so when he lent down to kiss Orion, who was he to reject him?

One kiss led to them making out in some dark corner of Magnus's loft. Orion was pressed against the wall, his hands intertwined into Kian's recently dyed black hair. Kian had his hands splayed on Orion's hips. The red-head was lost in the sensation of the Kian kissing him senseless, even if he didn't want it to go any further.

"You're very intriguing, Shadowhunter," Kian whispered when they pulled away for air, "You'll flirt with me and make out with me, but never give me a call or a text. Why is that?"

"I have a name, you know," Orion dodged the question, "It's Orion, in case you've forgotten."

"Well, maybe I just needed a reason to remember," Kian leant down, starting to kiss Orion again. Orion smirked in the kiss, leaning up to meet him. He forgot all about the mission they were on.