KABANATA 2

Kabanata 2.

Looking at him, I suddenly remember something from the past. The memories suddenly rushed into my brain like a flood.

Souls are like a floating shadows inside a person's body. A pure soul looks like a white and beautiful smoke but a corrupted soul looks like a terrifying and dangerous dark shadow. So dark that it made angels that devoid of any emotions felt extremely cold inside and made them shivered.

I already encountered a very terrifying and dangerous corrupted soul before. It was my first time to see such a dark soul. That soul belonged to a man with a violent nature. A man who grew up in a streets and act like a rogue everywhere. A rough man that no one can control.

I remember him clearly because his soul is the first soul I've cleansed.

He was my first mission.

I suddenly remember that moment. That man, he was only 30 years old that time and he was dying from excessive blood loss. There's a lot of deep wounds on his entire body. He just came back from a war and he didn't even let anyone treat his injured body.

He just wanted to die and I just watch him die because I know certainly that he will die.

I just stood at the side of his bed. Silently watching the man with a rough and manly appearance. Watching his unfathomable dark soul.

His soul is worth saving because despite his hardship. He decided to participate in war to save countless of people's lives.  

He was considered a hero but he refused to live and I don't have any idea what the reason and what he was thinking.

However, the most unforgettable thing is that. Before he died, he looked at me straight into my eyes. As if telling me that he was aware of my presence.

But the next moment, his hoarse and cold voice broke the silence between us.

"Don't let me see you again or else, I'll break your wings and cage you for eternity."

He was aware that I am an angel maybe because he can see my entire being. He can even see my white shiney wings.

I was aware that time that it was not normal but I just reason out to myself that maybe he could see me because he was in the brink of death.

"Close your eyes. You'll die soon. I'm here to cleanse your dark and corrupted soul. Be good."

After saying that. I stared at him carefully. He did not closed his eyes instead, he stared at me deeply.

"Or you can accompany me in my next life. I will wait for you. If you don't show up, then just cleanse my corrupted soul as many times as you want. I'll kill myself just to see you. If you still don't show up to cleanse my soul, then I will not allow anyone to cleanse my soul."

It was a threat but not really a threat. He can still utter several words even in his deathbed.

"That's not up to you or to me. It's up to God. You'll go to hell if your soul became corrupted for more than ten times."

"Then, I'll drag you to hell."

I did not speak after he said that because he already closed his eyes and his breathing stopped. I cleansed his soul and came back to heaven.

I vividly remembered our entire conversation that day and the feeling of being with his corrupted soul.

I cleansed his soul so he could reincarnate. That's the first and last time that I encountered him because angels can easily recognize if they already encountered a certain soul. But it's not uncommon because there's a lot of angels in heaven and there's a lot of world in the the entire universe.