Chapter One: An Introduction to a Field of Trees

How long would it really last?

"Moving on, we have this bridge up here, The Bridge of Oaden!" A well-dressed middle-aged man beckons to the crowd. Flashing camera's shot towards the suggested bridge, through the tightly stuffed group of people, that were gossiping and chattering amongst themselves.

The bridge wasn't anything too fancy. It was a longer and wide road, made for taking a few sectioned cars across. Simple. However, the road's design wasn't what got the attention of the public.

No one had any records of any type of road being built here, not since using concrete on pathways could even be comprehended, due to the high-cost. Yet, here it still was, standing gracefully. Yes, it was possible that their records for the bridge's formation just got lost, but then again, how would they fit any equipment through the trees? The trees have been growing (on record) for thousands of years, making it more dangerous to chop one down over disrespectful, and also, incredibly obvious. So, the question rises up again. How and when did it get here? Who built it?

Along with the bridge there was many other structures that awoke the same questions. A mansion, a gigantic mansion, scattered broken-down cars labeled with brands that never existed, ruins constructed with a strong mineral, that seemed as if they were destroyed at least a three centuries back. Yet again, that long back, the agriculture of this mineral was not yet discovered, since they had no technology to reach into the caves it was located.

The town's surrounding the forest made bank on all these questions. Curiosity seeks people to move forward, and moving forward means the use of money. Moving forward in this term, meant seeking into Daisy Rain themselves. Doing so, brought in thousands of people, that needed sleeping quarters, food, water and supplies, which is where the villages, waiting just outside the forest's gates, came in.

Said towns consisted of Rosemary, a small but abundant region, just outside the Southern Quarter of Daisy, Millcity, Redbay, and Stairren. An average of four-million people took coverage in these towns yearly.

Daisy Rain's surrounding civilizations and questionable structures weren't the only reason it got so much attention. It was also brimming with vibrant colors, and life, and a lot of it. The forest stretched on for thousands of acreages, leaving tons of room for unimaginable sights. Tree's that scraped the sky and were as thick as cars, waterfalls plummeting and crashing with the weight of the sea, rolling fields swimming with giant berries, and the sky shined such astounding color palates. Even the animal's home to it were so docile to the hikers, you could pet them. Everything in the wood's sight was full of such honest and gifting serenity. It was truly a gift.

So, what was the purpose of the fall and emptiness of it now?

/Two hundred years later: 2265/

Nola erupted awake, huffing with squeaks and wheezes. She roughly smacked both her palms on her pink cheeks. Her face felt cold, but clammy and wet. She tore her hands away, disgusted by the feeling.

Besides the sticky sensation the nightmare had left her with, the movement of grass gently brushing against her skin overpowered the distaste of the previous problem. The dirt was warm, from having sat in the sun's view for hours on end. It tickled her shins as the grass danced.

Nola gazed into the sky, searching through the clouds for shapes, as they rolled above her. She had fallen asleep due to the scenery, which was definitely worth the reaction. Surrounding her was green, waving fields, and wild flowers sprouting randomly out of the dirt. A rusty and rotting barn was even mixed in with the beauty, placed just in the corner of her eyes.

Distant footsteps abruptly began to grow louder, walking with haste and silence, trying their best to not frighten her. Nola looked to them, pleasantly smiling seeing who the persecutor was.