6. Vanilla Ice Cream

Start from the beginning

"This is from me." and gets up twirling around happily "So, are you coming or I should leave alone?" She dangles the car keys in the air.

Smiling like he won the World Cup Jungkook gets up and chases behind her as she teases him running towards the car.

+++

"Have this!" Jennie holds out an ice cream cup in front of you as you comb your hair. Thinking, you should cut them. They grew long. "Ah, you didn't have to." You push your hair behind your back and rest the comb on the dressing table.

"Although, yeah thanks." You accept it. Could never say no to an ice cream. She flops beside you. Removes her jacket and makes herself comfortable. "That's like a good girl." She says as you uncover the ice cream cover.

You chortle, ask how the date go. She becomes shy and answers it wasn't a date but you still ask her the details so she gives in. "Okay. He sang for me." She mutters, eyes on you. "Can you believe? In a jazz club."

"Wow." You pause eating ice cream. Feel like your chest hurts. "Did he?" Jennie stiffly nods, folds her legs on the bed and says wide-eyed, "Also, he was expecting me to sing too!" She gapes, "Didn't even know that song, heard the song for the first time and—" She grunts, "–he sings so well."

Your heart sank hearing it. He sang for her and she didn't sing back? That was a big deal. You understood the depth. She didn't. It would have been upsetting for him.

"Oh, then what?" You ask, waiting to know what he reacted like. Jennie takes the spoon from your fingers, and scoops a little for herself, "He was upset, and left the club." She brings the spoon to her lips, takes a bite and hums.

"But I managed, told him it was no big deal and he should think of the present than thinking of the past." She takes one last bite and is satisfied with it. Hands over the spoon to you. "He didn't argue anymore. Heard me and it got solved."

Well, that hit you more.

He brushed it away like it was nothing.

Yes, it was supposed to be this way. Why were you getting so worked up when you were the one to send them together?

Nodding you give her a thumbs up "Good." Jennie gets up and picks up her heels, "Okay, I'll be leaving now." She yawns, "So sleepy." She starts to walk and you get up too, and smile. "Alright, sweet dreams."

"Love ya" She gives a flying kiss before leaving as you catch it in the air keeping it inside of your shirt and laugh before turning away and flop down on the bed as the door closes behind you. Tired.

Let's Fall In Love For The Night - FINNEAS ♪

Jennie was good, you would be happy if she got Jungkook. Earlier a fear tingled inside of you of him getting a doubt of Jennie not being the person he fell for but she managed it well. It wasn't as hard as you thought it would be, he was now not supposed to know about you, right?

These feelings would fade away soon, really soon.

Knock! Knock!

"Did you forget something?" You get off your bed and walk to the door already, wondering if Jennie forgot something to take. "Isn't it already opened? You just left—"