Vikram replied sitting in the driver's seat.

Priya sat in the passenger seat and said, "You filed an FIR?"

Vikram: Of course. It's my-

He was interrupted by a phone call. He connected the call and started speaking.

Vikram: Haan ma. Yes... She's safe only ma...  don't worry... We'll come there after going to the station. Don't cry ma... She is ok...

He disconnected the call and looked at Priya who was trying to comprehend to whom he was speaking.

Priya: Who is it? Shantima or Lakshmi ma? Why did you tell them? They would get worried unnecessarily...

Vikram: It's neither of them. It was Deepika.

Priya: Don't tell me you called her and informed this...

Vikram: No no... I just called Varun. Maybe he told her...

Priya: You idiot!!! They were on a date... It would have been ruined by now...😔

Vikram: I didn't know...😐

Priya: Shut up! Don't talk to me!!!

Vikram: Ammu...

Priya: SHUT. UP.

*********

Priya and Vikram we're now standing in front of his house waiting for Lakshmi ma to open the door. Lakshmi ma soon opened the door and welcomed them in.

Deepika and Aditi who was in the living room came and hugged Priya as soon as she stepped in.

Deepika: Are alright Priya? Did they do anything to you?

Aditi: I'm so sorry Pri... I should have not asked you to come with me in the first place. I'm sorry...

Both of them said sobbing.

Priya: I'm safe girls... And Adi... What are you talking about? How are you responsible for this? It's not your mistake at all. Don't worry both of you. And girls... Can you release me? I think I'll be out of breath if you continue to hug me...

The girls let out a chuckle and broke the hug. Varun dragged her and made her sit beside him.

Varun: Were you safe da kanna? (An endearment) Are you hurt anywhere? Hereafter don't go anywhere without a pocket knife or pepper spray. Okay?

Priya: I'm okay dumbass. Yes. I'll take pepper spray and a knife with me. Rest assured. Okay? And I'm so sorry da... Your date was ruined because of me.😔

Deepika: What are talking about? Idiot. Do you think that a date would be so important more than you? I'll kill you if you talk like this hereafter.

Varun: Priya, I taught you basic defense techniques right? Why didn't you try to escape?

Priya: My dear brother, I was tied up. Did you teach me how to escape this situation? No right?

Varun: Umm... Sorry bangaram😅 (an endearment)

Vikram: Looks like we have to take a class... Even for you girls. Get ready.

He said pointing at Deepika and Aditi.

Priya: I said someone to not talk to me.

Vikram: Ammu... Even now?🥺

Lakshmi ma: Wait for a second!!! What are you guys talking about? What happened to my daughter-in-law?

Priya explained the whole thing to Lakshmi ma in a way that she would get worried.

Priya: That's all happened ma. They are overreacting. Don't worry.

Lakshmi ma: How can I not worry darling? Wait a second. I'll bring you some milk. You'll be so tired right?

Priya: Milk ah?😩 No need ma... What about coffee?

Lakshmi ma: No no... You won't sleep if you drink coffee. Listen to me like a good girl and drink the milk. You can take a rest in Aditi's room afterward.

Vikram: Why her room? What about my room ma? She's my fiance only Nah?

Lakshmi ma: Exactly!! She's your fiance.  There are six months for her to become your wife. She'll be all yours then. She'll be in your room then. Moreover, she would have the right to send you out of the room as well.

Vikram: What is this? She is your daughter-in-law already. She is Aditi's sister-in-law before our marriage. But she will be considered as my wife only after 6 months? I won't accept this😫.

"Who asked your permission? Get lost."

Lakshmi ma said and left to the kitchen earning a laugh from everyone.

******

Priya called her mother and was about to sleep when Vikram entered the room showcasing his puppy eyes.

Priya was actually not angry with him. She just got worried that her brother and best friend's date was ruined because of her. She thought of talking to Vikram. But now, she wants to tease him for a while. It won't hurt to play with your fiance right?

Priya: What? Your puppy eyes won't work with me.

Vikram: Then tell me what will work Nah? I'll do that.

Priya: What? Man... You should have known that by now. I won't tell you. Think for yourself. I'm giving you a second chance.

Vikram: What will mak- oh!!! Baby ma... Kiss venum na straight an kekalaam la? (You can ask me straight if you want a kiss.) Why beat around the bush?

Priya: Huh? When did I ask for it? I was just playing with you. Go. Go to your room. Or else I'll call Lakshmi ma.

Vikram: Oh really? I don't care. I'll finish my work before she comes.

He said moving closer to Priya who was sitting at the edge of the bed.

Priya: W-what work?

Vikram came closer and kissed her forehead. He made her lie down and covered her with a duvet.

Vikram: This.

He replied and went out of the room allowing her to sleep.

He went to his room to see Varun waiting for him. He took a seat opposite Varun.

Varun: It's him right?

Vikram: Yes. Looks like he really values his men.

Varun: Why wouldn't he? They know all the details about him from head to toe.

*****************

Hey pongals,

   How are you all? Hope you guys are going good.

Who's that HE? Keep guessing.

Thank you once again for the reads and love you guys have showered upon me.💗

I'm heading towards the next year with your love and sending you lots of love to carry on.

Wishing you a very very happy new year in advance.

BE SAFE. BE YOU. BE HAPPY 💖

With love,
~Nila 💜🌙

1584 words