Blue Wolf Village

"H-human, it's awful here," Raon muttered as he hurried after Ciel and the two cats.

Ciel turned his head, but he didn't stop racing to the very center of the village as he tenderly glanced at his three children. "Stay close to me."

"Y-yeah, we will!"

As he came to a halt beside the tree, he frowned in concern at the black dragon's distressed voice. He could tell the three children were a little frightened.

Sighing at his own ignorance, he examined the three and confirmed that they are afraid.

"It's alright, you don't have to go with me," Ciel whispered softly before taking them in his arms and placing them down on the softest patch of the grass, motioning the three children to sit there and wait for him.

They may be strong enough to flatten a mountain, but they are still children who can be scared just by seeing a wrecked village. Ciel is unwilling to force his three children to put up with it simply because he would feel more at ease if they were within his sight.

He sighed when he saw the perplexed expressions on their faces as they approached him. He should not have brought them with him to begin with.

"No! We will follow you!" Raon cried and dove towards his stomach, but Ciel caught him in his arms.

"Our youngest is correct nya!" Hong scratched the black-haired man's slacks in an attempt to gain his attention.

Ciel arched an eyebrow at the three before settling down on the grass with his children. He looked them in the eyes, a concerned expression on his face. "You three are my children; it is completely fine to express your concerns."

"But..."

"Come here," Ciel said softly as he stretched his arms to the black dragon.

Raon hugged Ciel fiercely, burying his face in the crook of the man's neck. The black-haired man murmured soothing comforting whispers while the two cats rubbed their heads on the black dragon's body, showering him with warmth and calming him down.

"It's okay nya!"

"We will protect our youngest nya!"

Ciel and the two cats exchanged protective glances as they all fell silent, hoping to assuage the dragon's fears and concerns.

"Did you feel scared?" With a soothing tone in his voice, the man carrying the black dragon whispered.

"I-I'm not scared at all!" The black dragon shook his head aggressively as he felt the other man's warm hand caress his back softly to comfort him.

Although the black dragon insisted that he was not terrified, the small quivering of his body made it clear that he was.