CHAPTER FORTY-SIX

____

The day ended with a very warm and heart wrenching moment of a mother and son. All misunderstandings have been cleared, and I had a better understanding of the Empress.

Or atleast I thought so.

"Anyhow, your majesty." I cleared my throat as soon as I recalled the rumors surrounding me. "Archduke Shaman informed me about the exaggerated rumors of me dying."

"Ah, indeed." The Empress made a 180° turn, suddenly having a chilly expression evident in her face. It was as if she's ready to pull out the tongues of whoever spread that rumor. "It seems people these days have a hobby of rumoring you, the crown prince."

I chuckled, almost nervously. "The Archduke said he'd pin down the rumors and the source of it. But I wonder, should I make an appearance to easily drown the rumors?"

Aureus thought about it for a moment, weighing the pros and cons. Deciding out of a whim might result to a worse situation, so I understand her taking the time to decide. "Wise decision. Shall I appoint you officially as the crown prince?"

"Mhm, sure—" But then it hit me. "—wait what?!" I didn't bother clapping my hand into my mouth for my sudden outburst, yet again. I'm sure I heard it right, but I'm confused. Pointing myself, I questioned her with a can't-believe-it look. "Aren't I already one?"

Since I have no idea how historical royalty do their rules in this era, I'm completely confused and bamboozled. I mean, even with the education and lessons I had with Eldest before, not a single book confirmed whether I am already a crown prince or not yet.

But because of my duties and other nobles addressing me as crown prince, I believed that I am already the crown prince. Then it turns out there needs to be a ceremony to officially announce my status?! I guess that makes sense, considering that I still haven't experienced having the ceremony ever since.

But God, please no. I'm not yet even officially the crown prince, but I already have a lot of stressful days and encounters. What more when I officially become one? Have mercy on this 10 year old son (not really) of yours, Empress!

 What more when I officially become one? Have mercy on this 10 year old son (not really) of yours, Empress!

"You don't seem to agree." Fortunately, Aureus knows how to read people. Not totally all the time, but it's good news that she considers my opinion.

I awkwardly smiled, fidgeting with my hands. "Could it be moved until I get a bit older? I don't think I can for now." Even if getting appointed as crown prince today would mean that Klydeur no longer have the right for the throne unless I die or something.

I'm still not ready, so it needs to be rescheduled.

The Empress sighed. "Very well. But you don't have to concern yourself regarding the rumors. I trust the Archduke to handle the matter."