Gift Ceremony

"Y/n breakfasts!!" The said girl groaned as she sat up in her bed before rubbing her eyes. She walked downstairs and went to the kitchen. She sat down next to her sister at the table. Maria and Luciana had cooked breakfast for the family. They all served themselves and passed things around the table.

"Does everyone know what they're  wearing to the ceremony tonight?" Sebastian asked as he ate.

"Yes Papi." Veronica said as she ate a tortilla con frijoles.

"Y/n what is on your face?" Maria asked her daughter as she sat down next to her husband.

"Huh? Oh uh I was talking out my paints last night so yeah. I guess I got some on my hand and touched my face." Y/n said with a nervous smile.

"We get to go out today right Papi!" Veronica asked with an excited smile. Sebastian smiled at his daughter and nodded his head yes. The children at the table started to scarf down their food before running upstairs to get dressed. Y/n wore a black dress that had red flowers along the top of the dress. The dress went right below her knees. She slipped on a pair of flat red shoes and went downstairs. As she was about to open the front door her dad called out to her.

"Y/n, aren't you forgetting something?" Sebastian asked not looking up from eating. Y/n quickly went over and gave her dad a kiss on the cheek before doing the same to her mother.

"Goodbye Tia Luciana and Tio Ernesto! I'll see you all tonight!" Y/n said before running out of the door. Sadly she didn't get far as she ran into someone's back.

"Ooph!" Y/n said as she made contact with the body. The person turned around and looked at the girl who rubbed her face.

"I am so sorry! I should've seen were I was going- oh Luisa! Hey! How are you this lovely morning?" Y/n asked as she smiled at the taller woman. Luisa looked down at Y/n in confusion.

"Uhh you're good, uhhh?"

"Y/n! Im Y/n!"

"You're good Y/n, I'm doing good thanks for asking." Luisa said while looking down at the girl. They both stood there for a bit, Y/n only swayed as she looked up at Luisa.

"Sooo uh- wanna see me lift a bridge?" Y/n only smiled as she looked up at the older teen.

They they were, Y/n followed Luisa around like a lost puppy. The girl got distracted when she saw a girl singing to kids about her family. She later found out that it was Luisa's little sister, Mirabel. They were both the same age. Luisa soon had to leave since her Abuela called her to started setting up for the ceremony tonight. Y/n waved her friend goodbye before walking off the bridge.

Camilo watched as the girl walked down the bridge and towards a stand that was selling some toys.

"I heard what happened last night."

"JEEZ DOLORES!" Camilo said as he put a hand over his heart.

"I could've died just now! And of course you heard what happened last night." Camilo said as he let out a huff.

"I'm just saying, if you want to try and get to know a girl don't just sneak up on her. In the middle of the night. In the dark." Dolores finished with a small squeak before walking away towards Casita. Camilo only groaned before he brought his attention to where Y/n was last at. She was still looking at the toys, maybe she wanted to buy one? Camilo went over to try and apologize for the other night. Instead of coming out of nowhere and saying something he decided to try and be smooth.

Y/n reached for a stuffed humming bird toy, thinking it would be a good present for the boy. Just as she was about to reach it a, she brushed fingertips with someone else who she thought wanted the toy. She felt a surge of electricity run through her body before she sent out a small zap onto the other persons finger.