Flight 08: Sabotage

Date: 12.14.21

Y/N's POV

After the vacation with the girls was over, we headed back to the airport where we boarded another private jet that took us back home. We said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. Right now, me and Wonyoung are just chilling inside the house. Tomorrow is a big day for me because it's going to be a test for the flight academy.

This will determine whether or not I will graduate or not. I don't know what they have in store for me this year since it's different themes like various obstacle courses and unexpected surprises like simulated anti-aircraft fire. I've been through it a few times and so far I passed all of them.

*doorbell*

The doorbell grabbed me and Wonyoung's attention which made us alarmed since we were not expecting anyone to come over nor having anyone come here at this time since it's pretty late. I approached the door and opened it ironically revealing my parents.

"Eomma?! Appa?! What are you two doing here?!" I asked them and they chuckled.

"We got news from the flight school that your final test is tomorrow and there's no way we're going to miss that. Not in the world!" My mother answered me.

"And your grandfather is here as well." My father told me and he stepped aside.

"Hey, Y/N, I see the day is finally coming for you! You're ready?" He asked me and I nodded.

"Of course, grandfather, I've been preparing for this day ever since you started teaching me." I answered him.

"That's what I like to hear!" He replied with an enthusiastic tone.

"Eomma! Appa!" Wonyoung exclaimed and hugged them tightly.

"Ah, how have you been doing my baby giant~?" Eomma teased her which made her whine.

"Eomma, I told you not to call me that!" She complained and Eomma laughed at her.

"Okay, okay, Wonyoung I'll stop now." She replied to her while patting her head which made her smile.

"So Y/N, have you been practicing and doing your flight hours?" My appa asked me and I nodded.

"Of course, I've been preparing for the day ever since I was little." I answered him and he chuckled.

"Good to hear! We look forward to seeing you perform. I wonder what theme for the final exam is going to be this year." He said and they entered the house.

We gathered in the living room. The TV is on with the Korean Air News that will soon announce what the flight school's exam theme will be, which I'm really anxious about since it could be anything. Last year, I had to fly through a f*cking hurricane, it was treacherous and difficult to maneuver due to the heavy winds and lightning but thanks to my expert piloting skills I managed to survive that hellhole.

Unfortunately not everyone makes it....

We had some cases where cadet pilots crashed their planes into the ocean and because of that the judges failed them but don't worry they were of course rescued but had to retake the whole year again which really sucks for them.

Anyway, everyone huddled up onto the couch and we waited for the news anchor to announce what the theme for the exam will be.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen! Tonight, I have the results of what the Seoul Youth Flight Academy has planned for the final performance exam this year! According to this report from the High Command they stated 'for this year's exam we wanted to mix things up so we have decided that this year's exam will take place on a United States Navy's finest aircraft carrier U.S.S. Enterprise!'" He announced to the audience which made me spit my drink out and everyone else's eyes widened in shock.