Into the black chapter 5

Jesse and I were sitting on the bed, tired of dancing. "Melody, whats your dad like?" Jesse asked me.

"I don't remember him." I said simply.

"I remember mine. He was tall and buff. He had brown hair and grey eyes. I got my looks from my momma." Jesse said. "After she died he just had one beer, then another, then another, then another until he got so drunk he could not even stand. Then one day I came home one day to see my father standing by the door, 'You lazy piece of shit!' He screamed at me. He grabbed my arms and twisted them until they ached. 'You made her die!' He shouted, slapping me across the face and kicking my shin. 'Dad stop! Dad I'm your son!' I shouted at him. Dad dragged me into the kitchen and lit a cigar and made me sit there and when he was done he put out by setting it on my arm," Jesse said, his bottom lip quivering, "I would scream and kick until he slapped me. This went on for months until one day he got a blowtorch and..." Jesse touched his belly. My mouth was wide open and my eyes were wide.

"He burned you?" I asked.

"The burn is still here. I ran to the local police station and showed them what my dad had done. Thats when I was taken away. My dad beat me and called me names and yet I loved him! What's the matter with me?" Jesse said, tears rolling down his cheeks. He put his head on my shoulder and I held him close.