chapter 68: i know where they are

Start from the beginning

"Ron!" Lorelei called as she ran up to them.

Ron Weasley's head snapped up at the mention of his name, and the earlier tension in his forehead relaxed when he saw that the voice belonged to Lorelei Jones.

Lorelei made it to their group and pulled Ron Weasley to his feet rapidly. He groaned at the sudden movements, but she quickly crushed him in a warm hug that lessened his aggravation.

While Lorelei had her emotional reunion with Ron, the only one of the golden trio she ever felt connected to, Theo helped Hermione to her feet and then reluctantly offered a hand to Harry afterwards. Soon, all of them were standing around and regarding one another wearily. It had been a terribly painful time in the wizarding world as of late, and the effects of this were seen in everyone.

"What are...what are you doing here?" Harry carefully asked. He adjusted his glasses on his nose and flicked his focus between Lorelei and Theo rapidly.

"Death eaters learned the location of my house." Lorelei shrugged.

Everyone blinked in surprise at how easily she delivered this news, given the gravity of such a situation. No one knew what to say, so they just stared at her with wide, rapidly blinking eyes.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry, Lorelei," Hermione said after realizing she had been silent for too long. Disregarding her earlier inhibitions, Hermione pushed forward and crushed Lorelei in a firm hug. Lorelei smiled and hugged her back just as tightly.

"How did they learn the location of your house?" Harry asked when the two girls pulled apart a moment later.

"I used the floo network to go to Malfoy Manor. Luna and Draco were in danger," Lorelei said with yet another shrug.

Theo looked each of the trio members dead in the eye, as if daring them to say something foul to Lorelei in his presence. They were all incredibly tired and weak from fighting for far too long, so they just shook their heads sadly.

"That's bloody awful, isn't it?" Ron sighed.

"The lives of my friends are worth more than a stupid house," Lorelei said. "I just wish it never came to that in the first place."

Hermione frowned and nodded sympathetically. Although Lorelei didn't know it, she had to make a heartbreaking decision to protect her loved ones recently too, and she had spent many nights after wishing she never had to make that choice to begin with. This war was breaking her.

"Well," Lorelei said with a slight clap of her hands, "would you three like to come back to the cottage with us? We could get you some water and some clean clothes."

"Sure. Thanks, Lorelei," Hermione answered for the three of them.

//

After getting the three of them each a change of clothes and a glass of water, the trio were sat down on the couch while everyone else hovered around them stiffly. It was so strange to finally see the three of them in person after wondering how to find them for so many weeks now. Now, the three acting as the faces of hope for the war were here with them, ready for their help and support. Lorelei especially was delighted at the change to finally help after so many months helplessly trapped in the Muggle world.

"The problem is that we don't know where the last horcruxes are or what they are," Harry said while thoroughly eying the Malfoy's.

Lorelei frowned at this confession. She understood now that in order to defeat Voldemort, they needed to find his remaining horcruxes and destroy them, but she wished more than anything that she could be of some help in finding them. Where on earth could these last objects be?

While she was sending up her silent prayer to be able to make a difference, Draco and Theo each subconsciously placed hands on Lorelei's shoulders in attempts to soothe her nerves. Feeling the comfort of her loved ones' touch, Lorelei snapped her eyes shut and tried to think as hard as she could about the horcruxes they'd already found and if a pattern could be emerging.

Then, like a flash of lightning, Lorelei saw with alarming clarity the last four horcruxes in her mind along with their locations. She gasped and fell weak when the last image fled her vision, and luckily Draco noticed and supported her weight.

"I know where they are," Lorelei said weakly.

And so, she spent the next hour describing every last detail of the vision she had to the group, and Hermione jotted down extensive notes on what she said. With every bit of information she provided, Lorelei watched hope alight in everyone's eyes once more.

//