Finding Mr. Perfect's Flaws [Four]

Start from the beginning

It was Collin, Bradley, Kallie (Collin's girlfriend) and Cole (another football player). Bradley rolled his eyes and let out a huge groan. Kallie giggled again and tugged at Collin's arm. Cole and Bradley were proudly displaying their varsity jackets. Kallie had on Collin's. I carefully stepped out from behind the counter, slowly heading towards the items closet. I didn't turn my back on them, just proceeded backwards.

"Hey, queer. Don't leave. I want some ice cream," Bradley snapped. Cole barked out a laugh. I looked up at him. Bradley was smirking somewhere behind those huge eyebrows. Kallie giggled yet again and Collin frowned at Bradley.

Could this get any worse?

As I thought that, Rich came out from the manager’s closet. He was the one who serves; I was the one who cleaned. Thank God I wouldn't have to talk with them. The door opened again and I quickly glanced up. As I saw who it was, my whole body tensed. My heart dropped and so did my eyes.

My heart was choking me. I couldn't breathe. Johnny had just walked in.

I knew Collin saw my reaction. Just from looking at his feet, I saw that he turned to look and I saw him stiffen too. I tried not to cry. I couldn't breathe. I saw his feet stop next to the door and he leaned up against the wall. His Chuck Taylor's were too familiar.

"Okay, what would you guys want?" Rich asked, suddenly excited that "cool" people were here. People like "that" never usually came in. I knew Rich pushed his shaggy blonde hair out of his black eyes and pushed up his huge glasses. Usual routine. I continued to pretend to clean the scooper, though it was already spotless.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Johnny shrug off the wall. I also saw Collin tense even more and look over at me. Bradley, Kallie and Cole were oblivious. They were too busy making fun of Rich and pretending to want to sample every 31 flavors of ice cream. Johnny stopped right in front of me. I could smell that familiar scent. But now it was mixed with alcohol and cigarette smoke.

I saw Collin come and stand right next to Johnny, in hearing range. I wanted to die, right then.

"Hey, babe, can we talk?" Johnny muttered. I heard Bradley and Callie giggling over something and Cole laughing loudly. They didn't hear- but I know Collin did. I didn't respond and I tried to turn away. But he grabbed my arm and twisted it. I was yanked back and I finally, in about five months, stared right into his once beautiful face. I was shoved against the counter and him. My waist dug into the hard table top.

The whole room quieted.

"You don't walk away unless I say so, faggot," He snarled into my face. All of a sudden, he was shoved so hard away from me; he went flying into a table that I had just cleaned. I spun back around to stare. Suddenly, he was half lying across the table. Collin was standing over him, pinning an arm behind his back, pulling it so Johnny was whimpering in pain.

"And you don't touch anyone unless I tell you so. Got it?" Collin growled. I was suddenly very scared of both Johnny and Collin. Collin released Johnny and Johnny stood up to glare at him. Collin was easily a few inches taller. Johnny turned to look at me.

"This isn't over," He snarled. He then turned and sauntered out the door. I couldn't take it. As soon as he was gone, I covered my mouth, not letting any sad noises or words come out. Tears poured out of my eyes and I turned to run into the manager's office. I rushed around the table and I pushed into the back room, running to the back. I curled up in a corner, crying. I couldn't take the heart break that was ripping apart my chest.

A few minutes later, the door opened again. I sniffed, looking away from the door. It closed and the person stood at the messy door for a few seconds. Then they walked over and made a noise of protest as they sat down next to me. I recognized that Abercrombie & Fitch store smell and a fresh set of tears lightly exploded.

His arm was pressing up against mine in the small space. He sat there quietly until I finished crying. When I was done, I glanced over at him. He was sitting with his legs sticking out in front of him, right next to me. The messy card board boxes that filled the room surrounded him. He looked over at me and he had on a sad expression.

"Ice cream?" He asked, holding out two spoons and one small tub of chocolate. I smiled, but it didn't reach my eyes. He smiled back and popped the top open. He handed me a spoon and I took it gratefully. We both sat there in silence, eating the chocolatey goodness. His body heat was overwhelming, and I could barley concentrate.

"Thanks... again," I whispered. He shrugged next to me.

"I know what heart break is like," He muttered through a mouth full of ice cream. I turned to look up at his face, mine all tear stained.

"Really?" I whispered. He smiled at the ice cream tub lightly, like it was an old friend.

"Yeah. There was this one girl in eighth grade. Beautiful," He muttered, taking another scoop. "And she hated me. I was the nerd - glasses to match." He said, smiling at me. His warm, sky blue eyes met my dull ones. I laughed lightly.

"Is that so?"

"Yeah, actually. Here. Let me..." He started to lean into me, so he could reach for his wallet in his back pocket. Warmness flooded through me and I closed my eyes to take in his scent. It calmed me. When he got it, he set the ice cream on his lap and flipped his wallet open. When I saw the picture in there, I almost choked on my spoon. I started giggling.

"I was a hunk, right?" He asked, grinning at me. A boy of about fourteen was staring at me, supporting huge glasses, dorky hair and bright braces. His smile was huge, looking way too happy. I only recognized it as Collin by those eyes. I could never not recognize them. I nodded, teasing him.

"You were cute," I said, giggling.

"Oh please. She hated me because I wasn't 'popular,'" he muttered, looking at the picture with a small smile on his face. "But being popular or having contacts," he added after a thought. "Doesn't mean you won't have an amazing life. And I realized that no one will really love me, because I look like this."

"What about Kallie?" I muttered, eating more ice cream with a slight smile on my face.

"That slut?" He asked. We both laughed, but me in surprise, that he would call his girlfriend that. "She doesn't like me that much. All she wants is sex and I never would do it with her. I only believe in serious, real relationships... that I've never had."

He… was a virgin?! I was too shocked to respond. Those girls were lying! All of those sluts hadn’t had sex with Collin! We both sat there, thinking over our lives. Then he laughed lightly again and put his wallet away. He looked over at me then.

"I've never shown anyone that before. Thanks for not flipping out," He said, patting my knee. Butterflies erupted in my stomach. Then he lifted himself up with a grunt and stood in front of me. He clutched the tub of ice cream in one hand and a spoon in the other. He took another scoop and handed me the rest. I reached up, wrapping my fingers around the now slightly warm container. Our fingers touched and our eyes met.

That's when I looked down and brought my hand back to my chest. How come he had to be so damn perfect? I lightly glanced up at him. Something that glinted on his chest caught my attention. When he looked down to see what I was looking at, he tried to tuck it away. But I had seen it already.

It was the thing that he had been holding in his lap the day we got assigned as partners. It was a metal star on the end of a black string. He dropped it inside of his shirt. He looked at me. It was obvious - I had seen it. He then turned and walked out of the door.

My curiosity grew. What else was he hiding?

© Copyright to Strcfal on Wattpad

Finding Mr. Perfect's Flaws (boyxboy) [Four]