Chapter 3: The Lightborn Defender

An hour after Claude arrived in Lightborn capital.

A man wearing a cowboy outfit, this man slowly walked towars the gate. He managed to enter peacefully without any problem. Clint tap the shoulder of a minion guard who carry spear and asks "Hey, where is the bar here?"

"Ohh! Just go on the market district. Just go that way, that way, and that way." The guard said giving Clint some directions.

"Thank you my friend." Clint gave his gratitude as he headed to the market district.

After a thirteen minutes of walking, Clint was finally standing in front of the bar his looking. He looked aboved and read the name of the bar "Kimmy Resthouse, what a weird name for a bar." Clint said that only him could hear.

He entered the building, he walk towards the bartender, she has a pale blonde hair, it was also short that make her look like a boy. "Uhm, give me a milk please, a cow milk." Clint tells the bartender.

"Coming right up, sir." The bartender said as she began putting a milk on a cup and give it to Clint, while smiling of course.

Clint began drinking peacefully, when suddenly "Hmm, what's this? An adult like you drinking a milk." a group of men (probably atleast five of them) walk closer on him.

"What are you, a child? Gahahaha!" Another man shouted at him as he followed by laugh, the others laughed as well.

The first man who looked like the leader leaned closer on Clint, he put his mouth close to Clint's ear and shouted "If you just want milk, then why don't you sucked your mama's breast.". All of them laughed at Clint as they continue provoking and mocking him.

A muscular big man who wears a white tight fit shirt that make his muscles show, he has a reddish brown hair to and probably in his 40's. He sway his hand calling the bartender.

The bartender walked towards him and ask "What is it sir?"

"Kimmy, who are those punks?" He asks pointing at the group who is currently mocking Clint.

"Ohh, i heared that they are a party from a hunters guild?" Kimmy said looking at the man in front of her.

"Hmm, then how about the guy with cowboy outfit?" The man asks again.

"I don't know." Kimmy answered.

Another man take the gun in Clint's waist "What's this, the baby has a toy gun. Wahahaha!" All of them laughed like a maniac again.

"Don't touch that!" Clint finally talked, but his usual carefree tone has become serious that was full of killing intent.

The group of hunters stop laughing "Huh, hey looked the baby is pissed off." One of the hunters said. "Will he c-?" The looking leader said and look at Clint's face, but he didn't finished his sentence cause his head was smashed on the table before he could do anything.

The others has somehow hesitated after seeing their boss getting smashed, but still attack, yeah let's praise their bravery despite being a minion level. A guy took his axe in his back and swung it on Clint, but Clint evade it a took the shotgun in his back and use it like a sword as he swung it on the axe wielder.  The second guy tried to shot Clint with an arrow but Clint catch it and kick the guy, another guy throw his fist at Clint but ended up being punched in the stomach. The last one was the one who took Clint's gun, he pointed the gun he took from Clint while shivering, but Clint was not scared instead he point the shotgun as well.

"Mocking a sheriff, taking his weapon, and trying to use it, you're under arrest because of this. The punishment, DEATH!" Clint coldly looked at the guy. He slowly tried to pull the trigger, but suddenly a man hold his hand and stopped him.

"Why not just let him go?" The man who stopped him said, the guy who hold's Clint's seems to be relieved.

Clint looked at him "And why should i?"

The man smiles and said "Because this is Lightborn capital, if you kill him, even if they are the one who started it, you will still become a criminal, and whole minion soldiers along with Lightborn chevaliers will hunt, and they will never let you get away."

"Hmm, i guess you're right!" Clint took the gun from the hunter then stopped pointing his shotgun at him. "It would be weird if a sheriff becomes a criminal after all." He added.

"Hahaha, good that you change your mind. By the way the name is Tigreal. I'm also part of the Lightborn chevalier, the Lightborn defender." Tigreal offered his hand for shakehands.

Clint accept it and they shakes "Oh, my name's Clinouch." Clint wasn't able to finish introducing his name and instead say ouch, because Tigreal is crushing his hand. Just how strong is this old man's arm? Clint thought as he patiently endure the pain until Tigreal take his hand away.

"Clinouch huh, what a funny name, hahaha." Clint seems to be displeased that Tigreal mistook his name.

"No my.." Tigreal didn't let Clint finish, he immediately grab Clint and says "Join the Moniyan army."

"H-Huh?" Clint gave a confused look to Tigreal.

"After seeing how strong you are earlier, i decided to recruit you to join the Moniyan army, i will even make you a liutenant immediately. And you will be under my command as well." Tigreal says.

"You decided whatt?" Clint says as he still don't understand what's going on. Hey wait, if Tigreal will become my boss, and then that punk's target is his little sister then there might be a chance. Clint thought and grinned as an image of Fanny being pestered by Claude, and Fanny go to her brother to ask for help, then Tigreal orders him to protect Fanny, where he will also capture Claude, appear in hi head.

"Creepy, your grinning is creepy." The bartender also known as Kimmy said, an arrow then figuratively hit Clint's head with a word creepy in it. (A/N: Not literally.)

"Hahaha, i will accept that grinning as yes, Clinouch." Tigreal said walking out of the bar,.though handing a bag of gold coins to Kimmy saying "Payment for the destroyed tables and chairs."

"Fufu, will if the mighty Lightborn defender says so, then i won't say no." Clint follow Tigreal and leave as well.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

*Sneeze* Claude sneeze and thought, Someone must be talking about me. And then continue reading the book he has. "Oh found it, it's similar to the item." Claude mumbled as he look on the picture of a shield like item.