"yes!! i just love their vibrance and color. such small, delicate flowers." i coo. he tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear, causing me to turn and look into those large dark eyes. daichi tilts his head to the side and smiles, "yeah, i like that for you. rose." i automatically died inside.

"so youre finally getting rid of that atrocious other nickname?"

"only if you change MY atrocious one."

"oh please yours isnt NEARLY as bad as mine"

"alright, then its still your contact name!" my jaw drops. "how DARE YOU!" i playfully yell, knowing damn well deadchi was still his name in my phone.

"okay fine fine! how about... daisa?" honestly ive been thinking about calling him that for a minute now and i dont have anything else made up. so hope he likes it lol.

"aww thats so cute! ill take that any day." he says with a smile, ruffling my hair. "hey!! i spent time trying to make it semi-decent today." i pout, laughing nevertheless.

AN: japanese primroses look like this for a visual

we continue through the winding pathways, stopping here and there to snap a few pictures or admire the scenery

we continue through the winding pathways, stopping here and there to snap a few pictures or admire the scenery. "daisa, wanna take a picture of me near these cool lookin leaves?"

"of course."

"you gotta get all my good angles though!!"

"all your angles look good!" he says, his eyes peeking over the top of my phone.

"your so full of it, but i appreciate the confidence boost nevertheless." i say sarcastically.

"these turned out great!" you beamed. im shocked that i actually dont hate most of them. i gasped, "hey lets take one together!! please?" giving him the best puppy dog eyes i could muster. "i photograph terribly, rose."

i dropped my jaw as i stared at him in disbelief.

"what?"

"what do you mean 'wHaT?'! you have to be the most beautiful boy i have ever seen! that dark tussled hair, the chocolatey brown eyes, and that FACE!" i take his face in my hands. "if looks could kill, id be dead."

he stares at me in utter shock. did i say to much? i think i did. atleast i didnt say anything about his thighs... yet..

"i- um" this is the first time ive actually seen the man embarrassed. hes normally a commanding guy, but right now hes like ice on a hot day. "thank you, y/n. i didnt think anyone even thought of me like that" he admits, scratching his head.

"NONSENSE! anyway before i continue to embarrass myself more, can we just take the damn picture?" he nods, taking my phone in his hands. i throw up a peace sign and he lets out a little laugh, creating the cutest picture of all time.

we get to the outside portion of the gardens, this time him leading me up the hill. "where are we going?" i asked.

"there are these huge trees down this path, and you can get picnic boxes and have lunch under them! so i reserved a spot for us, thought it would be fun." my eyes glistened as i looked at him and grabbed his arm.

"food under a tree? LETS GOOOO!" i shout, earning a little laugh from daichi and some stares from others.

our picnic box that we got has some cheese and crackers, apple cider, grapes, and sandwiches, it was honestly the cutest little thing! we sit under the shade of the tree, with the chilly winter breeze hitting our faces. face full of sandwich, i look at daichi. he looks at me and pokes my cheek. i quickly swallow and we chuckle, just enjoying each others company.

"hey daisa?"

"yeah, rose?"

"thanks for giving me a chance to redeem myself from being that weird girl at the store." i say, half joking.

he gives me a small, charming smile. "you know what? im glad that same girl ran to help me, even though she didnt even know my name." he replies.

"yeah i pretty much just thought you were hot," i chuckle, with him lightly pushing my shoulder. "but seriously, thank you for today. its been incredibly fun, especially because it was with you." i put my hand up to his jawline, rubbing my thumb against his cheek as i feel him melt under my touch. "ive had such a great day with you too, y/n." he tucks my hair behind my ears, tilting my chin up to be eye level with him. my heart starts beating fast as he inches closer to my face. i feel our noses brush together, heat rushing through my face and neck, millimeters from his lips. just then, i hear a familiar sound that breaks me from my wonderful trance.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" tendou drops to his knees, ushijima letting out a sigh at his side.

words: 1175