Chapter 2 : ' Remember me? '

" Hey, I didn't mean to disturb you but um I just couldn't stand the fact that you looked so peaceful sitting on that bench." " Oh, you're not disturbing or anything." " Great! Well um, I heard you're a transfer student, right?" 

" I am, what about you?" " Oh I've been in this school for three years so far so I'm in fourth form" 

"Cool, mind telling me your name?" " I-I'm Xin-lang Tonae and you are?" " Xin-lang huh? Do I know you from somewhere by any chance ?" " Um, no, I don't know, maybe" 

" I guess it's just me then, sorry, by the way I'm Kaito, nice to meet you" " You too"

" So do you usually sit on a bench before going home back at your old school?" " Yeah I do" " So it's a natural thing huh?" " Yeah kind of" " Well uh- it was again a pleasure to meet you but sadly I have to go home before my mom gets worried about me, she gets paranoid easily."

" Oh okay, well um goodbye I guess I'll see you tomorrow classmate?" " Yep that's right..haha."

NEXT DAY

*yawns* " I'm so tired" 

"Tired of what Xin?" Tae asked. " Of the whole Kaito situation, like the fact that he's going to this school now is a bit hard for me to take in." Xin-lang says with a long face.

"What's that I hear? Doubt? Weren't you the one who said you wished he came back and now that he has you're seriously going to behave this way about it?" Tae asked in confusion.

"No, it's not like that is just- I miss when I could talk to him normally but now it's a lot of work." 

" Well probably if you get to know him a little better again you two could be friends!" Tae says in excitement. 

"Friends?" 

" Yeah, friends or do you not want to be friends with him?"

" It's not like that I just have a pretty hard time expressing myself-"

"Hey classmate" Kaito greets Xin-lang while walking towards her.

"Hey buddy, how are you?" Xin-lang says in a shy voice. " I'm great thanks" Kaito replied. " Aren't you so kind" Tae says to Kaito while giggling. " Haha, well I try to be, I'm Kaito by the way and who might you be?"

"I'm Tae, Tae Regan, Xin-lang best friend, are you familiar with her like I am?" 

"Um, no not really..but I know that her name is Xin-lang"

Xin-lang's Pov:

Not really? He only know what's my name? And here I thought that he'd have some kind of memory of me; seems like not everything works out the way I want it to.

" Um, so Kaito what are you're plans for today? You know after school is over." Tae asked in a curious voice. " Nothing really, I have to meet up with my mom later but I have a little spear time" Kaito replied.

"That's great! Would you like to hang with Xin-lang and I after school? We're planning to do homework together at Xin's house, want to join us?"

Xin-lang's Pov:

Join us? Has Tae gone crazy!? 

"Um sure if that is okay with Xin" Kaito says while turning his head towards her.

"A-it's fine you can join I guess we are all friends after all haha.." Xin-lang replies in a nervous voice.  " Great! See you guys after class, we'll meet up in this exact same spot, kay?" 

Tae and Xin-lang nodded with Kaito's decision.

DURING CLASS 

"Morning class. Today you all will be assigned as two group partners for a big project" 

Tae's P.O.V:

A project already? Oh well I hope Xin gets paired up with Kaito. 

"Note this project is thirty percent of you all average grade so it means that this is really important!" 

" First group, we have Tae and Marco. Second group, Timmy and Katie, Third group, Xin-lang and Marie, Fourth group, Kaito and Emica and the list goes on. I will be sure to hang up the following names up on the wall, so if your name hasn't been called then take a look at the poster after the period is done. Is that clear?"

"Yes miss" ( the whole class responded ) 

"Also you guys are allowed to pick any topic that resolves around the earth and come up with the needed information, okay you guys are dismissed!"

BREAK TIME 

"Hey loser" a girl from the corner of the cafeteria says to Xin-lang. " What do you want Emica?" Tae responded. 

"I wasn't talking to you so learn how to mind your  own business!" 

You might not know who she is or what she is but this is Emica better known as the popular rich girl who gets everything she wants in life if she just magically press  a button. At least that's how I see it. 

You might not know why she's talking to me like that but she's been bullying me ever since the day I stepped a foot in this school. Although I never seem to take her on she keeps bugging me time and time again. 

" So Xin  haven't you heard?" 

" Heard what?" Xin-lang asked. " Kaito and I are partners how do you feel about that?" 

"No way.." Xin-lang replied. "Isn't he your friend? I thought you would at least care for him the way you guys talk to each other" 

"How do you even know that?! Have you been listening to Kaito's and Xin's conversations?!" Tae shouted. " Yes and is it a problem for you? No. So that means I can do whatever I want." Emica responded shamefully. 

"That's pretty immature if you ask me!" 

"Well no one asked you for your opinion anyways! I wasn't even talking to you to begin with!" 

"Ugh! Whatever! Xin's not even listening to you anyways so just do us all a favor and get lost!" 

"Fine, bye Xin I hope you don't cry after I steal your poor Kaito from you haha!" Emica says while laughing in a mischievous way. 

"She's so annoying! I don't know how you ignore her but I can't!" 

" It all has to do with self control. I couldn't care less about her taking Kaito away from me." 

" Are you sure your okay with that?" Tae asked. " Of course just give her what she wants"

Xin-lang's Pov:

Of course I'm dying inside but I can't make her get the best of me! If she's so willing to take Kaito away from me then she should be warned that two can play at this game! All I have to do is remain calm and then when everything goes wrong she'll be as speechless as a little duckling!

I just have to wait for the perfect timing though.