'It was negative'

Katelyn~

It's been a few weeks since the bathroom incident and I've decided not to tell anyone until I figure out what I want to do myself.

I drove to Melissa's house this morning because I'm driving her to school and she said her mom was Cooking her famous pancakes, which I love.

I pull up to Melissa's house and knock on the door.

"Hi Miss Mathews!" I say when Melissa's mom opens the door. She greets me and invites in me telling me Melissa is still getting ready and I can take a seat at the dinning table.

"So how's school honey? Any interesting boys?" She says Turing around to give me a smirk.

"Nope nothing interesting yet this year." I say in the most convincing voice i could.

A few seconds later Ethan walks in and sits at the table, luckily he didn't notice me because he didn't lift his face from his phone, so I took the chance and attempt to leave the table without him noticing.

My plan was ruined when Miss Mathews asked me another question.

"Well do you at least have good grades since there's nothing interesting going on Katelyn?" She said Turing to me.

Hearing my name Ethan lifts his head and we make eye contact, but I break it as soon as it starts.

"Umm, yea my grades are fine." I say looking at Miss Mathews to avoid Ethans stare.

It was silent for a few seconds before I got a notification on my phone saying I got a message which I thought was from Melissa, but to my surprise it was from Ethan who sat in front of me.

I gave him a confused look before looking at the message. The look on my face dropped when i saw the message.

'Have you told anyone?' I stare at the messages for a moment debating rather or not I should answer it or ignore it for as long as possible.

I decided to answer it. 'No I haven't and I won't tell anyone for a while. You aren't even supposed to know, so please act like you don't and don't tell anyone.'

He looks up at me with a concerned face before looking down at his phone again and sending another message. 'Its almost been a month, and you're going to start showing eventually, so you need to tell someone.'

I look at him again with an annoyed face before replying with a single 'no'.

"Whose blowing up your phone Kate?" Melissa says walking down the stairs.

I put my phone down slowly to not seem suspicious.

"Ummm... Just my mom reminding me of all my chores to do when I get home, you know how she is." I says with a fake laugh.

"Alright, well this weekend Jax is throwing another party you wanna come?" Melissa says.

I look over at Ethan to see him giving me a death stare.

"Didn't you guys just go to a party?" Ethan asks Turing to look at Melissa who was pouring her coffee into a travel cup.

"That was weeks ago Ethan, so Kate are we going or not?" Melissa says Turing the attention back to me.

I look between Ethan and Melissa who were both looking at me.

"Umm..I'm gonna pass this one Melissa, maybe next time?" I say.

Melissa shrugs and takes a seat in the chair next to me.

"Hey I saw the pregnancy test box in the trash is everything good?" She whispers in my ear.

"Yea, it was um negative, so everything's good." I whisper back.

She nods in response and a few seconds later Miss Mathews brings a stack of pancakes and sets them in the middle of the table so we all dig in.