:: 09

"God, this cannot be happening right now." Kwon Nara reached over to the glass window, her doe eyes analyzing the full scene in front of her. The once cheerful morning had turned into an eerie night and unfortunately for her, it meant her eyesight was starting to get worse. Maybe she should have worn her glasses when she was younger-

"Are you ready  Nara?" The queen, her mother, asked from the front of the vehicle, her voice rather monotonous from the hours earlier. Nara only mumbled a string of words, implying that she was okay. But deep down, she knew she wasn't. In fact, she felt like she would throw up any minute now. Biting her pink lips, Nara tried her best to stop any form of sickness. And hopefully it would work for a while. The world, her world, was spinning and she had no idea what was going on.

From besides her, Yuta saw her frazzled expression and gripped her left shoulder, squeezing it and offering a small smile. Nara returned the gesture but both knew that she was still far from okay.

The car made its way towards the palace and as they did so, Nara was able to see more and more people lined around the vehicle. Her fingers scratched her palms until they turned bright red, a habit she picked up when she was a kid. Her nerves were bouncing around and Nara was definitely not her for that. Her heart rate quickened as she tried to calm her breathing down.

Around the car, people had their phones out, ready to capture the moment they would see her leave the car.  Thinking she would would get out right when the car stopped, they stayed quiet. Nara's eyes shut as she waited for a signal of some sort to tell her to walk out. But to her dismay, nothing like the sort happened.  And when she opened her eyes, the car was still driving inside the palace garage, away from the crowd.

"Wait, so I don't have to get out-"

"Certainly not!" The queen spoke, acting like what she was going to say was obvious, making Nara feel small. "Nara, have you seen what you look like right now? How could we possibly let the people look at you like that? We have to uphold our reputation you know."

Nara felt her eyebrows scrunched together. Sure her makeup was slightly messed up and maybe her hair was aching for a haircut. But she certainly didn't look that bad. Nara rolled her eyes and to her luck, the queen didn't notice.

"We have to get you cleaned up. Get you new clothes and even maybe redo you!" The queen exclaimed, excitement and the idea of a makeover. But Nara was definitely opposed to the whole idea. For starters, her mother didn't even know who she was! Honestly, what gave her the right to act like Nara was some sort of train wreck?

"Your highness, I don't think we'll have to do much with your daughter," Moon Taeil interrupted, emphasizing how the queen was saying these things to her blood daughter. Getting a small smile from the younger female, Kwon Nara noted to thank the guard for his small comment.

The queen stayed quiet for a while before she reanalyzed her words. "Of course! She's perfect the way she is!" But still, Nara couldn't help but feel a weird feeling down in her gut. Ignoring those signs though, Nara looked out the window once more, seeing horses in small garages and guards surrounding all the doors. A sigh left her lips as her thoughts danced around.

She played with the ends of her long black hair and tried her best to sit tall and look more presentable. She would be getting out of the car soon and meeting the rest of the royal staff. And why she scared? Terrified to say the least. But could she show it? Well according to her mother, absolutely not.

She was Princess Nara now. And she had to do anything to live up to that title.

A/n::
PLS AM I REVIVING THIS BOOK-  maybe ;))
I high key hate this chapter but hopefully I end up getting more familiar writing this book and it'll get better 😩😩