I think theres two boys, the two of them arguing with eachother, but its getting pretty heated by the looks of things.

I recognize one of the boys, I think he lives in our dorm wing. Just by his face, I think I might've spoken to him before. I think his name is Kevin, or Corban, Or Karl. I could be wrong, though.

"What're they arguing about?" I ask a younger year, stood back like me.

He looks up at me in surprise, his eyes widening as he rushes to explain.

"I'm pretty sure that kid" he starts, pointing to who I think is Karl, "is, I'm pretty sure he's one of those" he hushes quietly, his eyebrows raising as he looks around to make sure nobody can hear him.

I stare at the young boy. "What?"

He rolls his eyes mockingly. "You know" he coughs, "one- one of those types."

I haven't a fucking clue as to what he's trying to say. I continue to gawk down at him like a right idiot.

"One of what type?" I ask.

"Oh come on, man" he sighs, "you know what I mean. One of those- homosexuals, or whatever. At least thats what I've heard."

I have to keep my mouth from falling open, and my fist from connecting with this kids face. I turn to look back at the argument.

"They're fighting with him because they think he's gay?" I ask, still shocked. I watch as Karl advances, knocking the other boy I don't know in the shoulder.

He has some balls, I'll tell you that. He looks at least a head smaller and a whole lot skinnier then this guy trying to kick up a fight. I don't fancy his chances.

"I don't think they just think" the younger boy beside me exclaims, seeming excited to have someone to gossip to. "Apparently someone walked in on him and-"

I'm about to just leave it, I'm about to walk away and stroll on to my Latin lesson and just leave this entire situation alone.

I don't need to get involved. I can ignore this totally if I want to, I can leave it alone.

The bigger guy shoves back into Karl, and even though this Karl kid seems to be putting up a decent fight back, if things get bad, he won't stand a chance.

I can see the headline now. 'Young boy smothered in school fight.'

I dump my schoolbag on the floor, along with my Latin book I'd been holding. They fall at the young kid beside me's feet.

"Hey" he asks, "hey, where are you goi-?"

I shovel my way through the crowd thats still growing, until I get to the middle. I get there just as this boys about to lay one into Karl, his fist raised and all, before I shove Karl out of his way.

Eyes turn to me, and I can feel them. I want to die. I have no idea who the boy now stood in front of me is, but he doesn't look however happy about this exchange at all.

Though his fist does drop, and he stares, not seeming to have anything to say.

"Just leave the kid alone" I breathe, happy to see that I seem to be as tall as him, if not a little bit taller.