The Boiling Isles

Start from the beginning

Madelene: Don't worry Luz, I'll help you catch them later.

She walked and stood beside Luz and ruffled her hair as Luz smiled. She then waved to the woman and man.

Madelene: Hey Mrs. Noceda, Principal Hal.

They both waved to her.

Camilla: Hello Madelene, I told you could just call me Camilla, you've lived with us for years you're basically family.

Madelene: Thanks Camilla. So Luz is here cause of the snakes right?

Principal Hal simply nodded.

Madelene: I really thought real snakes would make her book report better.

Principal Hal: You gave her the snakes?

Madelene: Yeah, I mean they aren't venomous and only eat mice so they're harmless. Anywho back to what you guys were talking about before I came in.

Principal Hal cleared his throat.

Principal Hal: Right, we were talking about that Luz is here because of her book report.

She nodded, and put her hands into the pockets of her hoodie. Camilla then held up a large firework with smaller fireworks tied around it.

Camilla: What were you going to with this? And where did you even get these?

Luz lowered her head as she spoke in a sad tone while Madelene simply placed a hand on her shoulder.

Luz: That was for the act three closer..

Madelene: I got those from a store beside the mall.

Camilla sighed and put down the fireworks.

Camilla: Madelene, hablaremos de eso más tarde. (Madelene, we'll talk about that later)

Madelene chuckled nervously as Camilla approached Luz then crouched to her level.

Camilla: Mija, I love your creativity but its gotten out of hand. Do you remember why you were in the principal's office the last three times.

(play from 0:45 to 1:09)

Madelene: Oh come on, they were harmless, everyone just over reacted.

Principal Hal: Over reacted? She made everyone panic.

Madelene: Again they over reacted, she didn't hurt anybody.

Camilla stood up and rummaged through her purse.

Camilla: We all love that you express yourself but if you can't learn to separate fantasy from reality you may to need to spend the summer hear.

She pulled out a pamphlet and handed it to Luz. The pamphlet read "Reality Check Camp, Think Inside the Box" and showed a smiling boy holding a thumbs up inside a cramped box. Luz looked at the pamphlet then at her mom with a determined look.

Luz: Don't worry mom, I won't let you down.

She then stood up in a victorious pose with her hand that held the Azura figurine raised in the air and the one holding the snake on her hip.

Luz: No more weirdness!

The snake then leapt towards principal Hal hissing making him scream and fall backwards with it. Luz still held her pose as she looked towards her mom with a worried look while Madelene was stifling a laugh with her hand over her mouth.