𝗛𝗮𝗵𝗮 𝗳𝘂𝗻𝗻𝘆 𝗽𝘂𝗿𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗴𝗮𝘀

Beginne am Anfang

She was so absorbed in this, she didn't notice that someone was actually walking up behind her.

Getting closer...

'Move!'

And closer...

'Come on, move already!'

And closer...

'Damn it, just move!'

And even closer-

'I said move-!!!'

A hand rested in y/n's shoulder.

"Y/n! Snap out of it!" Aether yelled.

"GYAAAHHHHHHH!!!!" y/n screamed at the top of her lungs and elbowed Aether in the nose before taking off, "I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT, THERE ARE MONSTERS HERE!!!! SOMEBODY HELP ME, I'M GONNA DIE!!!!!  WAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHH!!!!"

"Y/n! Wait! Don't go too far ahead!" Paimon cried as y/n darted away, leaving a trial of electro in her wake as the floorboards were torn up from the raw power in her hasty footsteps, "Great, you scared her!"

"Damn, she really rocked your 💩." Ayumu snickered, bending over to peer at Aether, "You good there, blondie? You're bleeding from the nose quite a bit there."

Aether, sitting on his bum on the ground while covering his bleeding nose, glowered at the duo.

"Shut up and catch her before she gets hurt!" he said sharply, "This place is rigged with a 💩 ton of boobie traps!"

Ayumu snickered, "Boobie... you said boobie."

"Oh just be quiet!" Aether groaned, "Just go!"

Yeah, it'd be wise to try to catch her.

Y/n was running insanely fast, crying hysterically as she made random turns and hopped over electro infused arrows and spots on the floor where electricity crackled through.

These damn voices... what was the place anyways?!

'An embodiment of misery and loss.' y/n decided, 'These voices... they're all so loud, I feel like my head is going to split open at any moment.'

The idiot kept on running but didn't realize that she ran right off a ledge. As soon as she noticed, she fell with a high pitched shriek. Alllll the way down.

Until she landed on her backside in a strange room.

"Owie..." y/n whined, "Right on my 🍑 too..."

"Hm? I certainly wasn't expecting you to be here. I thought it'd be that little blond traveler who always sticks his nose where it doesn't belong." came a voice.

Y/n flinched and looked over her shoulder in alarm, 'WHO WAS THAT??? Damn! This stuff is making it really hard to notice people!'

She blinked in surprise when she spotted some really short dude in a large hat standing behind her on a lil walkway of some kind.

Y/n shivered, 'This dude is giving off an ominous aura... similar to a God's but not quite like it.'

She inhaled shakily, finding that it was much harder to breathe than before. The tension in the air was suffocating as her e/c eyes locked with a pair of indigo ones.

He wasn't someone to mess with, y/n instantly knew that. That raggedy bowl cut was the second most scary thing about him, that big 🍑 hat was the first.

"What? Can't you talk?" the newcomer questioned, his tone as sharp as a knife, "Don't just sit there and stare at me like a cornered rabbit."

Y/n jumped, "O-Oh! Uh, please! Don't mind me! I was just leaving, haha... accidentally stumbled in here, you see..."

The young lady scrambled to her feet and began to back away with a nervous smile, trying to block out that damned whispering noise which was practically suffocating her.

As she was about to leave, the doors behind her opened and got another little shriek out of her.

She whipped around in alarm but relaxed a bit when she saw that it was just Ayumu, Aether and Paimon.

"Y/n! You can't just go running off like that, it's dangerous!" Ayumu told her as he practically grabbed her and dragged her into a hug, "Are you hurt?"

"No, no, I'm fine." y/n replied, voice muffled by his chest as Ayumu held onto her as though she'd float away if he let go.

Aether then spotted the short man and was immediately on the defensive with a, "Why the hell are you here!?"

"Huh?" Paimon also spotted the midget and suddenly looked very annoyed, "Not this dude again!"

"Hm? You know this dude?" Ayumu asked, curiously looking at the strange man, "Are you friends?"

"Ha!" Aether looked disgusted, "Hell no!"

"I don't need friends, they disappoint me." the weird short dude scoffed, "And what makes you think I'd be all buddy-buddy with a fool like this one?"

"Mm, I dunno." Ayumu shrugged then whispered to Aether a quiet, "Who is this sassy lost child...?"

"I heard that...!" the strange man snapped.

"Scaramouche, a Harbinger." Aether replied.

"Harbinger...?" Ayumu looked like a confused puppy.

Y/n finally managed to wiggle enough so she could breathe, "He's a member of the Fatui. The highest rank, aside for being the leader I guess, is a Harbinger."

"Ohhh, I get it!" Ayumu chirped then looked over at Scaramouche, "But... why would they let some fifth grader kid have such an important role. Sounds kinda irresponsible to me."

Scaramouche's face went blank, "What."

Paimon covered her mouth to stifle her giggles while y/n turned her head away, coughing so she wouldn't laugh.

Ayumu looked genuinely curious while Aether was alert and watching Scaramouche for any signs of an attack.

"Ayu- please-" y/n wheezed, pawing at her friend's shoulder as a silent plea for him to stfu immediately.

"What? I'm being honest." Ayumu said with a frown then pointed at Scaramouche, "He's dead built like a ten year old."