𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗯𝗹𝗲𝗺 𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗻

"Whew, Paimon hasn't slept that well in ages!" the little pixie exclaimed the next morning.

Y/n, who was halfway up a tree trying to retrieve a piece of paper, glanced down at the duo, "Oh? Glad to hear that."

"Woah... what are you doing up there?" Aether inquired and y/n shrugged.

"Something I was reading was blown up here by the wind." y/n explained, eyes narrowing as her fingers just barely brushed the paper, "It's very important."

"Paimon can fly up and grab it for you!" Paimon offered and y/n smiled.

"It's fine, I've got it-" y/n's eyes went wide when her foot hecking slipped.

She managed to grab the paper but fell from the tree, landing on Aether who was unfortunately in her way.

Right on his face.

Hmm... where have I seen this before?

Oh yeah! When they first met!

"Crap! Sorry Aether, are you okay?" y/n cried as she hopped up and stared down at Aether with a worried expression.

"...yeah." Aether definitely wasn't okay.

Y/n helped him to his feet and awkwardly dusted him off.

"💩!!! SOMEONE HELP-!!!" Ayumu suddenly screamed from halfway across the estate, "Kaori, when the hell did you get so damn strong?!"

"Hm? What's going on over there?" Paimon inquired, "Was that Ayumu?"

"Sounds like him." y/n said with a shrug.

"Maybe we should just go check." Aether suggested and y/n nodded.

"Sure, I guess."

The trio took their sweet time making their way over to where they'd heard Ayumu shouting and much to their surprise.

"Kaoriiiiiii" Ayumu whined, clinging to his sister's leg while she tried to storm away while holding a bucket, "Don't do it!"

Kaori glanced down at her older brother with a scowl, "You're so annoying, you know that? You're coming with me!"

"What? No!" Ayumu protested, "You know I can't show my face anywhere right now!"

"Then wear the bucket!"

"No way, Sui used to live in there, I'm not going to taint his beloved home!"

"You're so dramatic!"

Aether, y/n and Paimon watched warily as Kaori tried placing the bucket on her brother's head while he kept on complaining.

Ayumu was the first to spot y/n and he reached for her with a, "Y/n, help! Kaori is gonna drag me to Miss Yae and-WHATS WITH THAT LOOK!?"

Paimon and Aether looked curiously as y/n and flinched at the look on her face.

'Wtf-'

Y/n had the look of a true villain, damn.

"I'll help." y/n announced, holding Ayumu down while Kaori finally placed the bucket on his head.

Ayumu's shrieking increased in volume as y/n and his sister dragged him away by the feet, the duo calmly chatting.

"Should we follow them or..." Paimon began nervously, looking between her travel partner and the retreating forms of y/n and Kaori in addition to Ayumu.

"No." Aether said simply, turning away, "Let's go find Gramps instead."

"Huh? Okay!"

~~~ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ•°*