𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿

(No spicy nuggets for Ayumu)

Ayumu, y/n and Kaori had once lived on Yashiori Island.

Though they quickly fled the island when y/n started hearing things in her dreams, becoming extremely ill and her nervous levels went from 90 to over 1000.

Now that y/n was back, that unnerving aura had also returned. Far stronger than it was during her last visit.

"Hey, Ayumu, is it just me or..." y/n cast a wary glance at the serpent head a distance away, "Has something on the island changed a little."

Ayumu debated internally on whether or not he should tell her. If he did, she'd likely freak out.

If he didn't, he'd be going back on the promise he made to her and Kaori.

"It's... the Tatarigami." Ayumu gave in, "Some jerks broke the wards and now the stuff is all over the island. So it's going to be a little worse for you because of your... y'know. Super Hearing."

"Oh, so that's it." y/n mumbled, "Urgh... I can't wait to go back to Watatsumi..."

"I'm sure everyone there would be glad to see you." Ayumu pointed out then smiled, "Hehe, everyone swears that the crops grow more and the monsters steer clear when you're there."

Y/n's face heated up, "H-Huh?! They say that?!"

"Mmmhm!"

"No way!!!" y/n shook her head, "But, uh, Ayumu... since I've been back I've never gotten the chance to speak with you about... uhm.."

"Prison?"

"Yeah, that."

"Well... it sure wasn't pleasant." Ayumu admitted then pursed his lips, "And those jerks kept talking 💩 about my hair once the dye started going away... but it wasn't horrible."

"Not... horrible?" y/n was mortified.

"Yeah, I didn't have to do anything all day and I was usually very well-behaved. Although, the guards would get mad at me every time I fell asleep during our meal times or during the day." Ayumu continued, "Also, I had Suzu to keep me company."

Y/n deadpanned, "Excuse me?"

"I'm guessing you met her? Yeah, she's a demon I accidentally summoned while muttering random 💩in my sleep. Don't be worried, she's powerless anywhere that isn't Seirai or Tsurumi Island." Ayumu assured his friend with a smile.

"Ayumu-"

"Yes, dear?"

"YOU SUMMONED A DEMON!!!"

"Yeah?"

"HOW ARE YOU SO CALM?"

"Mm? Centuries of being sealed made her rather docile." Ayumu replied.

"I sure hope so." y/n huffed and her eyes brightened, "Oh! Naku Weed!"

Ayumu sat down on a rock, not at all bothered by the rain as he glanced out at the vortexes which had randomly popped up at sea. They were tall, large in size too.

If Ayumu had to guess, one of the Shogun's ships would be shredded if it were to be dragged into one of those things. As for a small boat? It'd be obliterated.

Ayumu glanced back at y/n who was gathering some Naku Weed with a determined expression, a bit more light in her e/c.

Oh dear, here comes that feeling again.

Ayumu covered his face with a hand, cheeks beginning to heat up.

"You know, Ayumu." y/n began as she stood up again, "I-"