Chapter 6

I woke up to screaming. “Get off him Simon!” Jess shouted. I rubbed my eyes and fixed them on Max and Simon fighting. Simon was on top of Max and began swinging at his face hitting him a few times.

I quickly got up and ran towards the two. I jumped on top of who I assumed was Simon and pushed him onto the ground. “What the hell do you think you’re doing girl.” He asked me. I stared him in the face intently. He grew angrier and I got back up.

“Stop both of you.” I told them. Of course I didn’t know what the fight was about but they nearly woke everyone up in their rumble. Simon brushed sand off his side and stood up. Max wiped blood off his face and stood up as well.

“You better find out who took that box of berries or I swear to god I’ll have your head.” He pointed towards Max and walked towards him. I pushed him back. “He didn’t steal it if that’s what you’re saying.” I told Simon. He backed up and brushed his short blonde hair. “Who could have done it then he was the only one who even joked about taking the food for himself.” Simon shouted.

“Shut up! We have worse things to worry about! Where would he hide a whole box of berries anyway, in his pants?” I shouted. Jess shook her head. “Jane we don’t have much to worry about honestly.” She said.

“What do you mean?” I asked her while small tears built up under her eyes. “We don’t have a single device that can get us off this wreck. We’re stuck here forever.” She ended. Jess began to sob.

Oh god, we really were trapped here. I found myself not caring much like I should; I don’t remember anything about the world beyond just this part of the island. If only I could think.

“This sucks.” Simon snarled. Max nodded while trying to get his nose to stop bleeding. The sun decided to show itself so I decided to stay up for the rest of the time.

Jess, Simon, and Max laid back in their beds. I went out of the fence and took my sandals off letting the water touch them. The sky was just starting to turn a pinkish color marking a new day. I wasn’t too worried about the missing food. I figured an animal may have taken it for its family or just for its own so there was nothing we could do.

I heard steps appear from behind me. I turned quickly and a woman stood peaking from a corner of the fence. She was shocked when our eyes met and went back to hide. I ran to her.

“You better stay right where you are!” I shouted at her. As I ran around the corner she sat there cowering on the ground. She wore a tank top and brown shorts her hair was in a ponytail but I couldn’t see her features too well. In her hand she held a belt, almost like a utility belt. She handed it to me and then ran back into the jungle. I was too shocked to stop her.

I decided to put the belt on; this was the first time I looked down at my clothes. I was wearing the same exact clothing. My hands began to tremble.

That girl looked nothing like me, or maybe it was just the lighting from the sun. Either or I put the belt on fitted it into the correct loop. It was a perfect fit.

I went back to the shore and continued to look back at the sun. I waved towards the sun as if it would wave back. A smile broke through my face, maybe there was hope, even if it was slim.

Megan left the fenced area and took off her shoes. She then walked next to me making the most elegant splashes with her feet I ever heard. She really was a wonderful lady. She rubbed my back and smiled at the sun, afterwards stretching like receiving a hug back from the sun.

“You were thinking?” She said. I nodded. “Good, in times like this sometimes all you need is yourself.” She ended. Then she sat down in the water letting it work its way around her body. I smiled down at her.

Even though she knew there was barely a way she could get off this island she was the happiest person right now. I reached down and gave her a hug. She was slightly surprised but hugged back, wiping my hair from her face.

“Hun I want you to have this.” She said while spitting hair out of her mouth. “It’s a hair tie. Put your hair up its better for all of us.” She laughed. I laughed back but had no idea how to do that. Suddenly she took over and got up to put it in my hair. She left some of my hair to the said of my face.

Snip.

Some of my hair fell into the ocean. “It’s too hot for this. Just don’t tell anyone I have this ok, even though were stranded I need my hair to look nice.” She chuckled. I laughed back touching her black curled hair. “Don’t worry I won’t. Thank you.” I said.