Mo caught Anna's eye again as she took the drink from Paul. He wasn't watching her anymore, but was now looking off towards a guy and a girl talking a few feet away from him. She was going to ignore it and go back to dancing when the guy he was looking at charged at him and pinned him to the wall.

"Fuck me, what the hell?" Anna coughed, choking on the drink as she shoved it into Pauls hands and stormed toward the guy holding Mo (who looked like he'd piss himself any moment) to the wall. Anna grabbed the guys arm from behind and yanked him off Mo.

"Get off!" She yelled, her face contorting angrily as he turned around and looked her in the face. He had at least a foot on her but she felt like she could take him in that moment. He was about to yell back at her when Paul shoved Anna's drink back in her hands and grabbed him. Paul pulled him away, telling him he needed a smoke. Anna looked at Mo, who was still looking embarrassed, and laughed.

"What'd you call him to deserve that?" Anna smirked as Mo stepped towards her, straightening out his pimp robe.

"A dog, essentially." Anna heard a girl say behind her. She turned to see the girl that the guy had been talking to still leaning against the wall where she'd been before. "I don't think he got your joke."

Mo shuffled and laughed awkwardly. Anna snorted as she suddenly understood, looking between Mo and the girl.

"You good?" Anna asked Mo. He nodded and smiled half heartedly at her. She smiled back and let him try and salvage what he could with the girl he had obviously been trying to impress. Anna returned to Lisa, who high fived her for her bravery.

"You're tough shit, huh?" Lisa said, putting her finger on the bottom of Anna's drink as she put it to her lips and lifting it so that Anna chugged the whole thing down. Anna smiled and tossed her cup into the pile in the corner and put her fists up. Lisa laughed at her as Anna ducked and dodged, punching the air.

Lisa convinced Anna to do shots and the next hour became very blurry for her. She hadn't drank that much in a long time and seemed to have forgotten her limits for once. Anna was normally a responsible drinker, but this was not her normal setting nor her normal self. The fun ended abruptly when Anna realized Lisa had passed out on the couch. She stared at her for a minute, her long brown hair strung out all across the arm of the couch and her left arm stretched uncomfortably underneath her. She looked at her phone, thinking she should find a ride home, but it was dead. She became self aware in that moment of how drunk she was. She stood leaned against the wall to keep from swaying and the room seemed to move around her. She felt an uncomfortable burning in her stomach like her insides were on fire. Anna's high she'd been riding the whole night crashed right there. She felt like crying, but held herself together.

Anna remembered Mo and looked around the room slowly, trying to focus on the faces of the people still left at the party. She moved slowly around  the room until she spotted Mo on another couch next to the girl from earlier. Anna walked the best she could toward them and stopped a few feet away.

"Hey, Anna this is Sophie-" Mo started when he was Anna approaching, but did a double take and stopped when he noticed her state. She was obviously very inebriated and on the brink of passing out completely. "Uhh... Sophie, this is Anna..."

Anna pulled her phone out of her pocket and stared at it for a moment before showing it to Mo. He took it and looked at it, confused. He looked at Sophie, who looked just as clueless as him.

"Sorry, it's dead. And Lisa." Anna said slowly, signaling towards where Lisa was knocked out. She took a deep breath and shook her head, knowing she didn't get her thought out and she tried again."Sorry, she's... couch. I don't know."

Anna scowled at her inability to communicate what she wanted. Sophie laughed and looked across the room at Lisa, who did indeed look dead on the couch. Mo followed her eye and looked back at Anna, who was looking increasingly more uncomfortable by the second.

"Your phone is dead?" Mo said, slipping her phone in his pocket. Anna nodded, beginning to feel her stomach bubble up. She knew the feeling well and did everything in her power to focus on not throwing up right there. Mo began talking to Sophie, Anna couldn't comprehend what they were saying as her mind was too occupied on calculating where to go to throw up. She began feeling overwhelmed and her eyes welled up with tears. She looked at Mo again.

"Mo?" She said weakly, her hand coming up to cover her mouth. Mo stopped talking and looked at her.

"She's definitely about to barf." Sophie said, grimacing. Mo stood up and grabbed Anna by the hand, pulling her toward the hallway he'd been in earlier. Anna didn't even comprehend where they'd gone before she saw a toilet in front of her. She was relieved at the sight and fell to her knees. She'd barely moved her hair out of the way before her face was in the toilet as she threw up everything that was in her stomach. She was unaware of the world around her as she heaved for the last time and leaned back against the wall to rest. Her diaphragm was already sore and her eyelids became very heavy.

Stay awake, dumbass. She thought as she forced her eyes half open. She could see Mo sitting a few feet away on the edge of the bathtub. She mumbled, trying to thank him for getting her there, but was unsuccessful. She then noticed Sophie and Paul, both standing in the bathroom doorway. Paul had Anna's bag in his hand.

Great, an audience.

Anna could hear Mo talking on his phone to someone as she felt her consciousness slip in and out. She was already thinking about how embarrassing it would be to pass out and put the responsibility of getting her home on Mo. She hardly knew him and she had already made this impression on him. This definitely wasn't the way she expected this night to end. She fought to stay awake for a few minutes but she didn't have much choice in the matter as her body made the decision for her and she passed out right there on the bathroom floor.

————————
A/N
it is the middle of the night and I have no idea if this is good or makes sense but i'm posting it anyway. I was excited to write this chapter but had a lot of ideas with no real direction for it so maybe it'll get changed later idk 🤷🏻‍♀️ tysm for reading I appreciate you all sm <3