Luffy and Shanks look at the source of the noise. Luffy saw a fat guy wearing goggles and eating meat.

Luffy: Is he one of your crew too, Shanks?

Shanks: Yeah, his name is Luck Roo. He is strong too.

Luffy: Your appearance is very deceiving. I bet you are one of the fastest in the crew.

Shanks' eyes widened in surprise because of Luffy's being smart and observant. Lucky just froze because he is one of those people that sees his strength by just looking at him, except for Shanks and Benn.

Shanks: Another legend is born. 

???: What an interesting kid. He must have read books or just always judged a person before talking to them.

Shanks: Oh, Benn! Look, this kid is super smart!

Benn: I can see that.

Benn: This kid is not ordinary. He predicted Lucky's strength just by looking at him. This kid will become a monster someday.

After that, Shanks just introduces Luffy to his crew. The red-haired pirates enjoy Luffy's company because he is not scared of them and actually enjoys being with them. Mayor Woop and Makino smiled because they saw Luffy being happy and making friends. They kind of feel bad for the kid because he is always getting bullied because of reading books instead of playing pirates and marines.

Time skip

It's the Red Hair Pirates' last day on the island, so they have a huge banquet on the bar. Obviously, Luffy joined them too. The pirates drink all of the alcohol while Luffy drinks juice and eats cookies.

Shanks burst out laughing, mocking Luffy for drinking juice instead of alcohol.

Shanks: Pfft, I thought you were going to be a pirate. Pirates don't drink juice!

Luffy: I can't help it. I'm just a kid.

Shanks: You are no fun. It's so hard to mock you!

Benn: You are the one who is being a kid here, not him.

Lucky: What if we recruit him captain?

Red-hair pirates: Yeah, the sea is full of mysteries. I'm sure he will enjoy it.

Shanks: Then if you want Luffy to join us, one of you stays here while we take Luffy.

Lucky: Just wait, Luffy! You will be gathering your own crew someday, so be strong.

They then get back to the party and stop asking Shanks to let Luffy join the crew. While they were in the middle of the party, the door suddenly flew open, making everyone stop.

???: Lousy pirates are having fun, huh? What a bunch of wimps.

Luffy and Shanks just gave him the "What is your problem?" look.

The bandit walks to the bar counter and asks Makino to give him a drink.

Makino: I'm so sorry, our alcohol has already run out.

???: So, what exactly are they drinking? A juice?

Shanks: I'm sorry buddy, we've already drank all the beer here. This bottle has not been opened yet, so you can take it.

Shanks gave the bottle to the bandit, but the bandit got annoyed, so he punched the bottle, making it shatter and fly into pieces.

They went silent when they heard Little Cry in pain. Shanks looked at Luffy and saw a piece of broken glass stabbed under his left eye.