Iris and The Airport

Start from the beginning

Ginger ignored her, staring intently at her phone. She was texting somebody, probably Theo.

Finally the last member of our party arrived. He looked tired when he walked in but smiled when he saw me. Or maybe just when he saw us. I didn't really know. I walked towards him, smiling.

"You're late." I said, mock seriously.

"I'm fashionably late. Don't I look fashionable?" He asked.

I laughed. "You do look pretty good."

Colton opened his mouth to respond, but was interrupted by Ginger.

"Okay guys cut the flirting, it's time to check our bags and get our tickets."

We got into line. Katherine was behind me, and annoyed me by whispering, "so this is the new guy?" in my ear. I ignored her and cut in front of Bee to go talk to Colton.

"My parents were driving me nuts. That's why I was late." He said.

"What were they doing?" I asked.

"Don't forget to take your pills Colton! Don't forget! We need you to promise to take them. Like apparently the five times I promised wasn't enough. Makes me want to throw my pills of the Eiffel Tower." He muttered.

At my shocked look, he grinned. "I'm kidding. Kind of. Anyways, when we get to Paris, can we go to the Eiffel Tower?"

I nodded. "Why wouldn't we?"

He looked down at the ground. "I mean, just you and me?"

I blushed. Ginger, who was listening intently, winked at me.

"Well I mean I'd love to, but I'm kind of afraid of heights. Like a lot afraid of heights."

He looked disappointed. "Oh. Okay. It's cool."

Ginger smacked herself in the forehead. She quickly texted someone. My phone lit up a minute later.

Ginger: He thinks you don't want to spend time with him! Tell him you'll go with him!

"I mean, why not actually? I'm afraid of heights, but whatever. It's cool. It's not like it's that tall." I said awkwardly.

"You don't have to, if you're afraid, or if you just don't want to." He said self consciously.

"No, I do." I insisted.

He nodded. Well this was awkward. I seem really dumb. I like Colton, I really do. But is this a date? Or not? I mean it could be a friend date I guess. Is that a thing? Friend dates? Yeah. It's a friend date. It's not like he likes you or anything. He probably has a girlfriend back in D.C. or something. He just was being a cool friend. Well now that I have that figured out, I'm going to just stand here and look dumb. Business as usual.

Finally, we got through security and everything else, and were sitting in the gate. We had a half hour until boarding time, and were currently just sitting around on our phones.

"I'm going to go buy a few things for the flight." Rory announced. He stood up and shoved his phone into his backpack, while taking out his wallet.

Ginger jumped up. "I'll go with you."

They walked off together in the direction of the store.

"I'm going to go get dinner." I said.

I walked off in the direction of the food court. I wanted to have a good meal before I got on the plane. Plus, I wanted to be alone for a bit to sort through my thoughts on this situation. Did Colton like me? More importantly, did I like him? I had thought no on both things, but now I wasn't so sure. I should probably just avoid him. It's not like relationships of mine ever ended well.