Ch 42

As I entered the temple, I noticed a man at the end of the hallway.

It was Reyhas, dressed in a pristine white uniform.

His apricot hair, reflected in the sunset, swayed in the light breeze.

“Did you bless the Queen?”

I shook my head in response to his words.

“It was a little complicated.”

Despite my answer, he smiled slightly as if he had guessed it.

“I heard that the girl from Tiago turned out to be a fake.”

“……”

“And you proved yourself to be a real saint.”

His eyes shone strangely.

A gentle wind shook the brim of my dress.

After a while, I calmly looked at him and said,

“It’s true that she’s a fake. However…”

There was one sure thing.

“I’m not real. It was just a trick.”

When I murmured so discreetly that only he could hear it, he looked at me for a long time and opened his mouth,

“Bring it, Sir Dwayne.”

Sir Dwayne appeared out of nowhere in the darkness. He held a Holy Sphere the size of an ostrich egg in his hands and handed it over to Reyhas.

“Prevent others from entering. You may leave your seat.”

Dwayne replied, glancing at the sword handle on Reyhas’ waist,

“I’ll take your orders.”

Moments later, Reyhas slightly pushed the Holy Grail chalice displayed in the abbey with his hand.

The chalice fell to the ground with a loud thud and rolled. But Reyhas didn’t care and placed the Holy Sphere in its place.

The Holy Sphere in Reyhas’ hands, which had been transparent in Dwayne’s hands, turned blue when Reyhas touched it; it became transparent again when his hand fell.

“We were supposed to do something last time. Don’t you remember, Saintess?”

His gaze was fixed on me.

I cautiously stepped out. I got closer to it one step at a time.

Reyhas was looking at me.

I raised my hand silently. And before I touched the Holy Sphere, I looked back at him and asked,

“Do you think I’m a saint?”

His brows shifted slightly. He didn’t say anything, but I could tell he was suspicious of it.

I extended my hand further and placed it on the Holy Sphere.

The smooth, cold surface was felt through the palm of my hand. The inside of the transparent Holy Sphere began to oscillate, changing colors as if paint had spilled into it.

When it cleared up again, Reyhas stared in disbelief at the Holy Sphere.

For a long time, there was a deafening silence in the hallway.

I looked at Reyhas with nervous eyes.

“Your powers…”

Reyhas’ lips trembled.