He shifted, lifting the rim of his hat.

Only one person referred to him that way. A long forgotten greeting, spoken with warmth and hope, like meeting a dear friend. This was no ordinary wisher.

Fussing over his uniform, he floated down to the ground and opened the door.

There stood Y/N, adorned in her red coat. He stared. She had tied it around her waist like a normal jacket. The knife she usually pocketed by her side (so she could swiftly pull it out any moment) was gone, like she never even relied on it.

'You're acting different.'  He wanted to say. Y/N had that peculiar, forced calm, like she was holding an outpour of emotions. But Aka Manto was good at staying stoic.

"7th Wonder of Sakura." He leaned against the doorway, opting for a casual pose. "What are you doing here this late?"

"Just call me Y/N..." She wrung her hands awkwardly. "...please?"

Hanako saw the shine in her eyes again. The way she looked like that nervous, frightened girl who entered his abode for the first time, asking for a wish... Yet this time, it was him with a deep wish in his heart, a hope that Shijima had not failed him.

"I'm so sorry... I didn't intend for you to get in that state..." He didn't care if she didn't know what he was talking about. He needed her all this time, a dam he had built breaking down. 

"I gave you such deep conflict with a torn memory... prioritized my selfish wish over yours, for a faster recovery...  you must hate me, and I won't blame you, Y/N-"

"No no! Shh!" Hanako backed up in surprise as Y/N hissed, her finger pressed on his lips.

"Listen." Her E/C eyes were glistening. "You helped me train as a Wonder even if I was totally a pain.. You tried to save our relationship while Tsukasa was hunting us down...  And you think I hate you."

Hanako trembled. "If I'm being brave, the exact opposite..."

Before he knew it, he had lifted her off the ground, hands hugging her waist. Before Y/N could gasp, Hanako kissed her long and hard, the salt of their tears mixing. He couldn't believe it; that what he was feeling was real, that Y/N was back with her full memory.

But it was. He could feel it, in the way her arms hugged his neck, her body rested against his, the breath that escaped from her lingering smile. The feeling that, though not yet true, they had done this so many times before.

"You remember!" He pulled away, just for a moment. His voice was weak with joy. "It actually worked!"

"You changed my life! How could I ever forget that?!"

"I thought... I... I'm feeling light..."

"Well, we are!"

Hanako looked down, taken aback. They were floating midair in the bathroom, their legs and arms intertwined. They looked like two butterflies doing a crazy dance.

"I'm sorry..." His face reddened. "I forgot to tell you, when ghosts feel very happy, we tend to get carried away, then literally get carried away..."

"S-stop apologizing!" Y/N rested her head on his shoulder, trying to muffle her sobbing.  "It's okay... everything is okay now..."

Hanako half-smiled, half-choked back tears. It didn't matter if they looked like the sappiest couple in the world; he wanted it that way.

"You're never leaving this school again." He murmured, slowly guiding her back to the ground. "We'll stay here, in this bathroom, where no one can harm you."