𝒄𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆

____________________
JOSETTES POV ˚.*ೃ
Two weeks has passed since the night I picked up my brother. I've grown a lot closer with Rue again, I've caught up with her quite a bit. Maddy finally got un-grounded today, so now the group can actually meet up.

Jesse's been doing a lot better now that he's home, but I got really worried when he told me today that he was going to get his stuff from Fez's place, so here I am getting it for him.

"Okay man but be quick. You don't wanna be here when my friend gets here yo." Fez ushers me into his house.

"Ok thank you so much." I warmly reply.

"Whatever man. Most of his shit is in the room at the very end of the hallway." I nod and walk towards the room.

RUES POV *♦̮̑ɜܓ*‎
I reach over for my Xannex recalling everything that's happened this past couple of weeks. I think I really like Jo and I want to ask her out but she probably doesn't even like me. Even if she did, Jules hates her and Jules only just started talking to me again after the incident at my place. And now Josette doesn't like Jules because she was rude to her. Im fucked.

I open the top draw of my bedside table and lay on the floor. An arrangement of labelled, clear snap-lock bags are stuck to the bottom of it. It's my emergency stash. I search for the packet that says Xanax and realise it's empty.

Fuck. I gotta see Fez now.

I make sure to close the drawer fully before rushing out of my room. Before I could reach the door my mom starts to question me.

"Where do you think you are going?" She asks with a stern tone.

"Oh Jules just called and asked if I want to go to hers for a bit." Lies. "I thought it'd be okay since I haven't gone in a while."

There is a pause of silence as she looks me up and down.

"Alright. Be safe then." I nod with a smile and walk out the house, grabbing my bike and riding it to Fez's place.

୭̥⋆*。

Droplets of rain pour onto my face as I arrive. Why does it have to rain. "Hey, open the door!" I yell out. I hear Ashtray calls Fez to the door. "I need some OC's and some socks."

"I can't help you right now. You gotta go. Yo, for real, Rue. I ain't fuckin' playing with you. Come on. You can't be in here."

I start to ramble in desperation. "Look, Fez, I'm fucking drenched. Okay? And, I'm out of drugs so don't be a dick." He gives me a look. "All I need is a couple OCs, and some Xannies. That's all I need, and I can be gone. Just give me the drugs!"

As I yell the last sentence, someone appears in the doorway. Fuck my life, it's the one person I wanted to have a bit of sensibility for.

"Rue." Josette says sadly, making my heart crumble. "Your better then this. How long have you been sober for?"

I don't want to answer. It's embarrassing.

"Two days." I mumble.

"Rue I'm really proud if you for trying. I know you are." That means more to me than anyone will ever realise.

It's a really nice feeling to know someone is proud. To know your not just a complete fucking disappointment. "Some people wouldn't even have the accomplishment of saying they are two days sober, but we might as well make it three while we are here." I lift my gaze to meet her eyes. I nod in agreement.