Part 5 - Five Golden Rings

Grinch POV

It had been six days since the ordeal occurred with Santa, and he couldn't get him out of his mind. That fateful night, he exited Stu Lou's residence in a great daze, even Max was confused as to what got ahold of him. Of course, Max had seen the reindeer land on the house and Santa squeezing himself through the chimney, but he had no clue what had happened inside.

Not to mention, he was going through an intense identity crisis.

He had never been attracted to someone in this manner, he had always thought himself to loathe contact with other creatures. Even Max got on his nerves most of the time. However, the way Santa made him feel was almost otherworldly; he had to control his desires every time he remembered he was next to him. That wouldn't be a problem anymore, he thought. I'm never going to see him again. This thought deflated him intensely, for whatever reason. He wasn't sure if it was exclusively physical attraction or romantic; god he hoped it wasn't romantic. In any sense, he was, as one might say, down bad for him. The Grinch had never felt this way before, never felt this urge before. Never had he felt the pounding of his heart in his chest just from looking at a person, or that feeling of intense scrutiny every time he spoke in front of him. He got nervous whenever he even thought of him, and yet he missed being next to him. He was only in contact with him for a short occasion, but for some reason it was all he could think of, taking over his mind and his soul.

Not to mention, he was a guy. Santa was a guy. Was he gay? All of these thoughts confused him intensely, he didn't want to think about it any longer. Yet, it was all he could think of. How could he not? How could he forget his heart beating against his ribcage whenever he saw him? Or that sensation of tongue-tied-ness merely at the visual of the stunning man before him? All he knew was that he had an intense connection with the masterpiece of a man that he was, and couldn't get him out of his mind.

The thought that the Whos were miserable didn't even cross his mind. He was that confused about the situation. He had dumped all their belongings at the mountain, and he had no clue what had happened to them or the Whos. All he could ponder was the man who stole his heart, on that fateful Christmas night.

He searched for him on the internet, learned everything that he possibly could about Santa, and in turn the holiday of Christmas. He was starting to warm up to the idea of giving gifts and festivity, thanks to one certain man with a giant beard. Oh, that beard, he would do anything to run his hands through it. It was so silky and smooth, and damn did he love a man with facial hair (I apologize intensely for this visual idfk what I'm writing either). Not to mention his gorgeous mustache, it curved beautifully at the ends and was almost as thick as his ass. Anyways, he was even starting to not dislike the singing of Christmas carols as much, as shocking as it was. He had started to "bust a move" at All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey–whenever it came up on shuffle, that is. He even made a Christmas playlist, he was that hardcore.

Yet, it still wasn't enough. He missed the feeling of nervousness, that sensation that went through him when he locked eyes with that fine specimen of a man. He blushed intensely at the mental image of this, shaking his head to escape the thought, but it kept coming back. So, he made a desperate decision.

He was going to get Instagram.