♠ Misjudgements ♠

Pomegranate looked up, eyes sharp. Dark Choco frowned, and Licorice shuffled uncomfortably.

"This isn't a logical way out, Pomegranate. Why can't we just drop the situation here?" Dark Choco pleaded. She gave him a bitter glare.

"Traitors don't deserve happiness. They deserve to rot in their own anguish. Dark Enchantress couldn't manage it, but I... I can. I will. I must." She muttered. Dark Choco shook his head.

"How? How? Our master couldn't! How could we?"

"Yeah! Don't get me wrong, Dark Enchantress is amazing, but how could we win? She's more powerful than all three of us combined, and those two beat her!" Licorice piped up.

Pomegranate gave him a side-eye, and laughed quietly, covering her mouth with her fist. "We're not the only ones hunting after them."

"...Who else is?" Dark Choco muttered.

"Y/N's own father. I've watched Y/N and Red Velvet so closely. The only thing that can hurt Red Velvet now is losing her or Chiffon. And if he does what I think he'll do next, and Y/N responds accordingly, her loss will hurt him more. If we're lucky, she'll die right in front of his eyes. All we want is to hurt him. He betrayed us."

Dark Choco shuddered. "You're a psychopath..."

"Tsk. Bit rude. Are you in, Dark Choco?"

He paused, and took a heavy breath.

"Do I have any choice now?"

"Perhaps. This is your last shot at proving your worth, Dark Choco."

"...Fine. I'm in."

Pomegranate smiled behind her fist. "Good decision. Maybe you are smartening up, hmm? What about you, Licorice?"

He had originally been standing shrouded in the darkness against the wall, however now he stepped into the center, grinning. "Of course I'm in! This is our chance to prevail!"

Pomegranate nodded, and stepped forward, analyzing the notes she'd written. Dark Choco and Licorice shuffled over, looking over her shoulder at the neat writing.

"Alright. Our first plan of action is..."

~~♠~~♠~~♠~~♠~~

A bird chirped in the pine forest, which was behind you now. You'd just gotten out, and the day was finally ending; dusk started setting in. You turned, and looked at Red Velvet.

You hated to admit it. You really did. All that anger you'd let out against him in the tower was for nothing now...

But maybe you were head over heels.

Everything about him. The way the light sparked off his eyes with a new gleam, his firm yet gentle demeanor, his talents... you could go on for hours. Hours. Maybe....?

He noticed you staring at him, and he turned his head slightly towards you, chuckling. "You good over there?"

You swallowed harshly, nodding. "I'm fine. Just..." Your voice trailed off. Oh, you'd done yourself in now. But you still weren't sure yet. And what if he didn't feel the same? What if you weren't actually being true to yourself, and were creating false feelings through confusion? What if...

"...Just....? Go on..." He said, leaning towards you a little. You looked quickly down at the horn of your saddle.

"It's nothing." You said firmly. You thought you saw a bit of disappointment flash in his eyes, but when you glanced back over, he was focused on the trail. You fidgeted with the reins self-consciously.