♠ "Not My Daughter." ♠

A silence hung in the air, tension stirring in your stomach.

You spoke first.

"I'm so, so sor-"

"What the FUCK were you thinking, Y/N?" He tapped his foot, stepping in the room and slamming the door. You winced.

"I just wanted to help..."

"And you didn't foresee any problems?"

"How could I have? None of us could have."

"Foolish. That's what it all was. I can't believe you did that!"

You felt a surge of betrayal flicker in your chest. "So what? I'm alright now."

"Clearly not. Herb told me that you're not alright. Apparently you have a little... scar on your back now?"

"Tsh. Yeah. From when I escaped."

"You're a fool. I can't believe this, Y/N- you're my daughter! You're not supposed to do this shit!"

"Great observation, wise ass! That job is really helping out, huh?!"

"At least 'that job' keeps me out of these - these insane adventures!"

"Well, your job couldn't keep you with mom for more than 12 years after I was born, huh?!"

His eyes widened, and he recoiled back a bit.

"How.. you can't use that comparison!"

"What are you going to do about it? Ground me?"

"Watch me."

"...you wouldn't. I'm an adult! You don't control me!"

"An adult wouldn't go running off with her friends! Get a grip on reality!"

You were starting to lose your voice quickly from all the yelling, and you stood, granted, shakily, and stared at Almond.

"Who's saying I don't have a grip on reality, Almond? Nobody but you. You're a selfish, job-oriented excuse of a cookie!"

He didn't respond. You narrowed your eyes.

"Get out. I don't want to listen to you right now."

He opened his mouth to speak, but you glared at him, and, with a growl from Chea, who had retreated to beneath the bed, he turned slowly and walked out the door, slamming it again behind him. He seemed to like doing that when he was angry. You sat back down on the bed, legs crossed, and faced the window. The door opened carefully, and Herb poked his head in, a concerned look on his face. You glanced at him from over your shoulder.

"Leave me alone."

He frowned, and left, closing the door with a small click.

It was only mid-day. It was overcast, with a few splotchy patches of blue, and frost intricately decorated the edges of the window. You heard claws scuttle on the wooden floorboards, and Chea jumped up next to you, a sympathetic look on her face. You frowned, and pet her head. She whimpered.

"I know, girl. It's stressful. We'll get out of here soon, though. Then we can go home. I can't wait to show you the farm! But, I don't want to leave without taking over the cake tower... but what if Red Velvet is there? ..Why am I concerned over that? He's an enemy. And yet, he just seems misguided..." You groaned, burying your head in your hands, and Chea placed her chin on your back. You quivered, before looking up.

"I don't know what to believe anymore." You glanced at Chea from the corner of your eye, and stood, closing the blinds and grabbing your sword.

"Come on. We're going for a walk. I think I know an exit out into the woods from here..."