𝟎𝟗. 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐎 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐓

"ALRIGHT, class, quiet down" the teacher shouted through the now quiet classroom after her sudden outburst

eliza bit back a laugh, noticing the reddened face of her teacher, who looked like they we're about to burst into flames from anger.

"this is your last week to finish the partnered science project. so, if you've been slacking, or needing to add finishing touches, i suggest this is the week to do it. for the rest of my class area, i'll have you all go free to the schools library to study"

"but, reminder that there will be teachers guarding the doors, so no funny business" the teacher glared, pointing at the teenagers who had smirking faces.

eliza's gaze had slowly turned over to charlie, who was looking down at his desk, in deep thought. she wondered what he possibly could be imagining, but didn't let that distract her.

she was quick to go back to her work, not paying attention to the conway boy in his deep thought. nerves had just began to rack inside her, scenarios of what could happen at the next study session going through her brain.

she was thankful her father hadn't asked who her science partner is, or even adam. the two had stayed silent about it, but they couldn't help but wonder who was taking up her time the last week.

she was extremely happy she had no teammates in her class, either. it would only cause trouble if she did.

she herself knew that she had no control over who her partner was, but knew that the boys and her father would beat around the bush at that, and find something to blame her for this unfortunate pairing.

the day had gradually came to an end, leaving eliza to her room alone, with the faint sound of green day playing in the background. she hummed along to the music, drumming her wooden pencil on the sheet of math homework she was facing.

her father was out on a work meeting, meaning he'd probably be going out with his co-workers after, as he always did. while adam was in his own room, getting himself ready to go out with their teammates.

they had invited eliza along, but she denied, wanting to stay in for the night.

skyler and rick were out, apparently catching up with some of skylers old friends from his highschool that he hadn't seen in two years.

a faint knock came from her door, causing her to turn her head up to see adam, pocking his head in. "hey, just wanted to let you know i'm leaving. dad left out money if you wanna order some food. i'll be back around eleven" adam shrugged, smiling at his sister as she returned a subtle nod, waving him bye.

"don't have any boys over" he pointed, narrowing her eyes at her. she huffed, giving him an eye roll. it was a compliment, really, him assuming that guys were actually interested in coming over to see her.

it didn't matter if eliza was truly beautiful, she herself didn't see it. she was too blinded by the perfect models on magazines to realize her own worth.