𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 2

(Don't even ask about the image above, I couldn't find anything so I used the first thing I found)

T/W: description/talks of g^n sh0ts and murd3r. (if there are any triggers I missed, please tell me!)

The following morning, Alex Quackity was back in his office, doing whatever work detectives do. Quackity worked for this agency called 'Nevadas', which was filled with detectives like him who tackled one case after another. Nevadas was a company that somehow spread all across the globe. It first originated in the city of Las Nevadas, a nice place known for its amazing entertainment and all the casinos. Now, you see, Quackity himself was born in Las Nevadas but somehow had to move to L'manburg at some point for whatever reason. The detective sighed as he ruffled his dark hair. He looked out his large glass window and saw all the shining buildings. He noticed his reflection. His long hair gently brushed down his neck. It was some sort of mullet. It made him look rather attractive, though. But he always wore a beanie or a deerstalker hat to cover it up. 

"Quackity from Las Nevadas, You have a visitor!" His assistant, Charlie Slimecicle happily said. A visitor? Alex thought to himself as he walked towards the door and opened it, letting his assistant in, followed by a tall brunette. It was rare for somebody to visit Quackity during his work hours unless it was about- well, work. 

The man sat down in Quackity's office chair, making himself at home. He raised his feet on his friend's polished desk. "Wilbur?" Alex shouted in surprise. "Hello, Darling!" Wilbur smiled. "Why are you here, I literally just saw you yesterday," Quackity asked. "I just... I don't know why I'm here, actually. I just wanted to see my friend, I guess." Wilbur said, mumbling. The noirette shook his head. His brunette friend seemed to be visiting him more than usual. 

"Oh well. Make yourself at home, then." the 5'8 man mumbled as he pulled some papers from a pile on his desk (which was now slightly dirtied from Wilbur acting casually like this was his own place) 

"Now that you're here... Have you seen anything, recently?" Quackity asked his friend. Wilbur nodded eagerly. "Of course I have" 

"really? like what-" Alex asked, taking out a pen and a paper, ready to write something down. "I've seen you, recently" Wilbur chirped happily. Alex's facial expression went from curiously happy to slightly disappointed. "Right. I was talking about the crimes. Anything fishy going on?" 

Wilbur smiled. "Well, as you know, yesterday somebody got killed in a bar" Quackity nodded. "Of course." His brown eyes gleamed. 

The sunlight the large windows let into his office was insane. You could see the reflection of buildings in his eye if you looked closely. 

"They were shot" Wilbur continued, his expression changing rapidly. "You know this since you heard the gunshot yourself." Alex rapidly wrote dot jot notes. "Do you know any details about it, or have you heard anything in the news about it?" He asked. 

"No, but I do know that the person who was murdered" His friend nearly dropped his pen. 

"W-what?" He stuttered. "Who was it then?" Alex asked, eagerly. "Impatient, are we?" Wilbur scoffed. Alex pouted slightly. "Come on, just tell me, I'm curious," He said quietly. "Maybe I'll tell you next time, I've got to attend an urgent business now," Wilbur said, getting up from his seat but Quackity grabbed his arm and pulled him down. "Nope, you're not going unless you tell me who died," Quackity said, half-joking, half-serious. 

Wilbur just simply smiled. "If you want to know, then you should check the news. Really. What kind of detective doesn't stay connected to what's going on?" He spat. Quackity was slightly taken aback. His friend often went from being nice, then to being deadly rude in a somewhat 'friendly' way. He wasn't used to this. 

"Alright then, I'll see you next time, Wilbur Soot." Quackity said aloud as Wilbur left the room with a smirk.

"That went well." Charlie Slimecicle cheerfully announced from behind Quackity whilst beaming reverently.

 Quackity sighed once again. 

________

Word count: 707 

damn, chapter 2 already? there are not as many words as the previous chapter, so sorry about that! I was in sort of a rush when I was writing this so I haven't checked over it ;-; 

Hope you enjoyed reading, and remember to take care of yourself! -Sky