"You're home (Y/n)?" My dad called out. I hesitated to answer but knew better than to not answer.

"Yes, sorry, I got held up at school for awhile and then some friends wanted to hangout." I lied, it wasn't uncommon for me to come home slightly beat up but today was much worse than normal.

"Go to bed, it's late. Get out now, I want to take a bath." He directed towards me. I took a few extra banages and shoved them in my pocket, closing the first aid kit and putting it back and turning off the water. I opened the door, facing down as I tried to walk past my dad but was stopped by a strong arm. I froze in place.

"Look at me." He ordered, I gulped, more nervous now as I looked up.

My face was swollen and I had scrapes and bandages covering my face and body. "The hell happened to you? What'd you do to get your ass beat this time?" He questioned, letting go of me and insteaded going into the bathroom. "Don't answer, you deserved it whatever the reason was..." And with that he closed the door.

I walked back to my room, finally sending the text to my mom. I crawled into my bed which I had been craving for so long. That's when the tears began to flow again. 'Why did I always get treated like this?'

'Because you deserve it.' I told myself, over and over again.

\\\\---\\\\

I cleaned myself up for the day, trying to look as presentable as possible. After such a long and intense day before I had slept really restlessly. Narrowly avoiding my mom I made my way out of the house, waiting patiently outside for my siblings to join me so I could take them to school as well.

The two followed me out soon after, they were twins, a boy and a girl name Hajime and Miki. They may be in 3rd grade at this point but were mature for their age. Unfortuantly we all were very mature for our ages. I grabbed onto Hajime's hand as he took ahold of Miki's. "Ready to go?" I said cheerfully at them, Miki speaking up as we began to walk to our school.

"What happened to your face?" She asked so softly, I lifted my hand to my face, feeling the still slightly swollen muscles.

"Oh this? Don't worry about it Miki! Sometimes you get a little rough with your friends is all-" My words were cut off by Hajime adding in.

"Are you being bullied?" He asked, my heart dropped in my stomach, it has been obvious for a long time that I've been messed with but this was the first time I was asked directly by my siblings.

"No, of course not. Your brother would stand up to any bullies, after all." I stopped and knelt down to their level. "I gotta protect you two. I pinky promise I'm okay." I lifted both my hands with my pinkies out so both could take one. The pair locked their pinkies with mine, a smile never leaving my face. "Now lets get to school before we're late!" I said, grabbing back onto Hajime's hand. The two smiled at me and followed closely.

We arrived at school not long after and went to our respective classrooms. School was my sanctuary at times, studying was what I had going for me. My intelligence was something I took pride in, and that was the only thing my dad liked about me. I spent all my time studying to get the best grades in the class. It always paid off too.

I was the top student in the class in terms of grades, it was a wonderful feeling. But it also made me enemies. That's partly why I was bullied so much. I was also picked on for my soft nature.

I was a gentle kid, I never picked fights and was very introverted. I was able to make some 'friends' but they were nothing more than people to causally talk to. I never had a close friend, they were always passing faces in my life. But that shouldn't matter to me anyways, my goal is to get good grades and have a sucessful life ahead of me.